Tuesday, August 18, 2020

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 53

 

Okay. We are doing this! Multiple updates back to back! It's happening. I'm trying to get all caught up so I can move on with a joint legacy turn without forgetting everything that happened in this massive backlog of pics. So we left off with the kids and Eleanor just arriving home from Selvadorada. Mostly we are just waiting for everyone to age up. Jump in . . .

The next morning is Winterfest, so we pull the goods out of storage. Side note: I really look forward to the day the whole family will appear in this frame again. It's kind of funny that the frame took it upon itself to exclude the triplets when it had to make the decision who to include. I wonder how it decides?

Anyway, there may be only four kids in the frame, but there are seven in the house, and after much jostling, they all found a place around the tree to work on decorating it together.

And after the teens put the topper on, they got to light it. Very nice. I've always wondered why the sparkles are kind of gray in this animation. I think they would look better if they were a little brighter, warmer, or both.

Simon: "I'm starving!"

So go eat?

Simon: "Nah, I'm going to practice singing instead."

My heir is so smart.

Astra: "I know not what problem he may possess. There is a perfectly edible and fancifully presented dish of a phyllosilicate and water mixture right here."

Wait, have you been eating clay? That would explain a lot . . .

Rafael: "Where is Cornflower?" :((((((

Oh, now you remember her? She preceded you by years and years, dude.

Rowan: "I make this look good."

It's a look for sure. But what do we have going on here?

Eleanor: "Hey, kids, did you rearrange the hall for a photoshoot again? You better put it all back when you're done."

*Pop*

Eleanor: "Oh, wow, ok. Uh, well done. I, uh, appreciate you listening to me . . . so quickly. Huh."

The magic of build mode, baby. Anyway, let's see what the kids got out of it.

This is the best we could do. It's super hard to get sims anywhere near each other and looking even remotely in the same direction in this iteration of Sims. Despite all the problems it could cause, I miss when I could use moveobjects and chuck sims on an OFB tray with an invisible recolor to get them in the perfect position. Anyway, very cute picture and--

Jason: "Hey, how come Logan isn't wearing an ugly sweater?"
Logan: "Oh, is that what the text said? I thought it said ugly people wearing sweaters and since that obviously didn't apply to me, I was just keeping you company."
Alison: "I thought it was a contest so I tried to win."
Simon: "This family! Happy Winterfest, you knuckleheads."

Then it was time for everyone to gather around for presents. Owen happened to stop by just then too, so we invited him to join us. He may not live here, but he is pretty much family at this point.

Everyone had a really good time getting their gifts, even if Alison did get dog poop twice over the course of the day.

Logan: "Yes! Switching my tag with Alison's worked!"
Alison: "You did what now?"

And Eleanor had a little gift in store for Owen because our girl is always ready for romance.

Maid: "Geez, kid, you are the only sim fool enough to eat out here in the beginning of a blizzard on Winterfest. I'm only here because you idiots won't stop eating grilled food despite having a stocked fridge and it's my job to clean your disgusting grill, holiday or no holiday. But no, you are actually dumb enough that you just need a hot dog right now."

First of all, how dare you. Second of all . . .

Simon: "Can you believe that? He says I'm the only one dumb enough to eat hot dogs in a blizzard."
Logan: "I'm not even wearing a coat!"
Simon: "And I respect you for that, bro."
Logan: "Thanks. I respect you for respecting me. Now back to my cold dog."
Maid: "I don't get paid enough for this."

Simon: "Gasp! My dad called me and invited me somewhere! For the first time! On Winterfest! I bet he wants to finally start a relationship with me now that I'm older. Oh, I've been waiting for this day. I always felt I deserved to have both parents in my life. Don't get me wrong, Mom is wonderful and so supportive, but it would only be fair if my dad was there for me too. I'm so happy!"

Oh boy. I'm sure this will end well for our sweet, innocent summer child.

Simon: "Huh, it's been half an hour since he said to meet and he's not answering his texts. I hope he's ok. I better text again just in case."
Kaiden: "Geez, dude. Stop blowing up my phone. I'm here now."
Simon: "Dad??????" :D :D :D

(Side note: Kaiden, who dressed you? I guess he was placed in the neighborhood pre-Seasons, so he dressed himself. How unfortunate.)

Simon: "Dad, I got you a gift."
Kaiden: "You can call me Kaiden."
Simon: "Uh, ok. Well, I got you a gift. Seeing as we're reuniting on Winterfest."
Kaiden: "Oh man, I just wanted to know if you could loan me back some of the child support under Eleanor's nose, seeing as you guys are rich and all. We don't have to exchange gifts. I didn't get you anything."
Simon: "Oh. Uh, I still want you to have this. It's really meaningful to me and I think it would be a good start for us."

Kaiden: "What is this shit? A parenting book? You think you're funny?! Did Eleanor raise her snot-nosed kid this badly?"
Simon: "I just . . . I read it because I'm the heir, in case you didn't know, and I'll be having my own family in a few years, and I thought we could bond over . . ."
Kaiden: "You little asshole, listen here. Why I have half a mind--"
???: "Don't you ever talk to him that way again!"

(Side note: This is the parenting book Simon was reading in Selvadorada. I wasn't really expecting to meet-up with Kaiden but when he finally invited Simon somewhere, on a holiday no less, we needed a gift and this seemed kind of sweet (but also funny - let's be honest, that's the main reason I chose it). But so of course Kaiden rejected it with the angriest face, haha. Hey, I gave him a chance to get out of the characterization I've painted him into, but apparently he's comfortable there. Anyway, what mystery person has interjected in this disaster of a conversation?)

Simon: "Mom? What are you--?
Kaiden: "Butt out, Eleanor. Helicopter mom much?"

(Note: I did not bring her here. I have no idea WHY she's here, but it improves my story so I'm ok with it. She jumped into the convo while I was taking pics and that was the first moment I realized she had shown up. She's not under my control in this and the next photo - she's on her own and doing great, sweetie. Also, who dressed her? That is not her coat. Hmm.)

Eleanor: "Maybe so, but at least I act like a mother. You're not a father. Nothing more than a sperm donor. C'mon, Simon, I want to take you somewhere. Kaiden doesn't deserve your time."
Kaiden: "Pfft, whatever. Losers. Both of you."

Simon: "You don't have to do this, Mom. It's whatever, y'know? Not a big deal. I'm . . . I'm okay."
Eleanor: "Not a big deal, huh? Then this is just a fun mother-son lunch. Mitchell, it's good to see you're still working here. We'll have the chef's special, please."
Mitchell: "You got it, Ms. Gregory."
Simon: "I didn't mean to go behind your back meeting him. I just thought maybe this time . . ."
Eleanor: "I know, sweetie. I'm not mad at you. You deserve so much better for a father. He really doesn't know what he's missing. I thought we'd have a nice lunch to recover, especially seeing as it's a holiday and all. You know, my parents brought me and my sisters here when we were little and it helped us smooth some things out. Let's just have a fun lunch and cool off, okay?"
Simon: "Yeah, I can do that, I guess."

Simon: "But it's just so FRUSTRATING that he doesn't want to be part of my life. Like, what did I ever do wrong? It's not fair."
Eleanor: "You're right, it's not. But we can't make everything fair. It's important to focus on controlling the things we can change."
Simon: "Wait, maybe that's it!"
Eleanor: "Huh?"

Simon: "I've been studying and working really hard, but I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life besides being a good heir. But I think I've got it. I want to make things fair."
Eleanor: "Honey, I just said--"
Simon: "I know, and you're right. Not with us and Kaiden. For others. I want to make the world a fairer place for other people. I think I'd really like to be a judge and help other people live in a fairer world."
Eleanor: "Simon, that's wonderful. It won't be easy - you know that unlike notoriously unskilled professions such as doctor or astronaut where you can just get hired with no training, you'll do better with college, but you've proven you can handle something like that. Turning the bad things in our lives into good for someone else is a very noble goal. And I know you'll do fantastic at it. I support you all the way."
Simon: "I know, Mom. That's how I feel free to do whatever I think is right - because you've always got my back. I may not have two parents in my life, but I've got all the love I need."
Eleanor: "Aww, you cheeseball. Hey, speaking of cheese, where is our food? It's getting late."

Mitchell: "Here you go . . . whoops! Oh my God, I'm so sorry. It's these booty shorts. They just cut off all the circulation."

Several hours later (it took pretty much all day for them to get their food), they got their orders of the most expensive items on the menu: lobster.

Simon: "Thanks for taking me out today. It really helped."
Eleanor: "I'm glad. I had a good time. You're going to make an amazing heir, and I'm really glad we'll get to spend more time together when you get back from college."

Simon: "Thanks. I think these plans we made are going to be really good for me."
Eleanor: "I hope so, but you know I'm always here for you, no matter what."
Simon: "I love you, Mom."
Eleanor: "I love you too."

And enough with the sappiness. Back home, Simon has a full belly but Rowan is starved, so he gets a long drink from Simon.

Maybe too long.

Rowan: "You ok there, or . . .?"
Simon: "Zzzzz."

Man, right outside their bedroom too.

Rowan: "Oh wait, ha ha. I had a pocket full of plasma packs I could have drunk that whole time! How silly am I? Oh, well, I'll tell you when you wake up, Simon."

Nice.

Eleanor is working on some artifacts they got from Selvadorada when Nova haunts again.

So naturally we drop everything to spend some quality time with her. And Rowan has to make a dramatic entrance again. Sigh, didn't I put you down for bed in your coffin, mister?

Rowan: "But I'm not sleepy!"

God, vampires are such babies.

Simon is continuing to work on his aspiration while he waits to be old enough to go to college. He put in his application, and now he has to wait . . . wait and gently insert his hands under the piano keys. Hang on a sec. I played flute so maybe I just don't get it, but is that really the right way to play?

Simon: *cries in short*

I feel you, bud, but that's no reason to clip the piano. I mean, it literally is, but let's be nice to that priceless piano, ok?

The kids came home from school and did this. Not sure why no one but Logan can find the front door.

Logan: "Now if only I could find my coat!"

Simon: "Yes! I've been accepted for a distinguished History degree at Britechester U. Everything is coming together! Now to see if I can get some scholarships."

You guys are filthy rich, so you don't really need scholarships.

Simon: "It's the principle of the thing."

Ok. Oh, hi Eileen there in the back, by the way. Didn't see you there at first.

Simon: "I've got it all worked out how I can have a full college experience and also we'll keep legacy life going on ok. But I'm a little worried about how I'm going to manage all the things I want to do in college. Even without a full house, there are only so many hours in the day."
Kenzie: "I have a feeling you'll manage, my dude."

Side note: Besides Eleanor, Simon is the only other person in the house Kenzie is friends with. I think that's cute.

Kenzie: "I've got a little idea that will help Eleanor's boy out some. He's a good kid, really. Deserves a little help."

Simon: "Oh, wow! A Book of Life? And it's bound to me? Thank you so much, Kenzie! This will come in so handy. Speaking of hands, uh, are you ok?"
Kenzie: "Whoops, I've just seen the way you play piano too many times. Anyway, you're welcome. I know you'll make the most of it."

Kenzie: "In fact, I think this legacy is in good hands."

*Simon clips his hands through the keyboard yet again*

*and then completely loses his right hand for a while*

Kenzie: "Okay, maybe that was a poor choice of words."

Simon: "I think I'm getting the hang of this! It really ups the difficulty level to have to press the strings directly. Surely this will be worth a scholarship!"

Astra dance break! I have no idea what everyone else is doing. I'm just motivated to get Simon to adulthood. He's getting pretty close. Everyone else is staying alive, and right now, that's really all I can ask of them.

Andres: " . . . thank you for your consideration. I wish the restaurant success of a continued nature in both financial and personnel circumstances even without me in your employ as chef."
Celeste: "Wow, Dad! Did you really just retire? You've worked at that restaurant forever."
Andres: "Yes, perhaps for an excessive time period. I am deficient in energy, and I wish to focus on familial matters before the conclusion."
Celeste: "The conclusion of what?"

Simon: "Okay, doing good! I got two scholarships but missed the Willow Creek resident one. That's ok. A few more scholarships and I'll have a full ride. The notification letters must be coming soon. It's just about my birthday."

That it is, so Eleanor plans a large party for all kinds of people to celebrate Simon.

Of course it's still the dead of winter, so getting inside is a bit of a hurdle when the massive family gets there. I'm just delighted it let me bring all eleven of them, even if Kenzie and Eleanor got a little confused about how to dress for a bowling party.

Kenzie: "Oh, is this not that kind of alley?"

Yes, we invited a ton of friends and family to the bowling alley. Simon is greeted by simJ, the simself of my RL sister.

simJ: "Hey, Simon. Happy birthday. I used to be a teen in this game too, back when your family started. We all get older, right? And that's certainly true of this save with the time my sister is taking to finish you guys."
Simon: "Were you short as a teen too?"
simJ: "Haha, no way! I mean, uh, no I wasn't lucky enough to experience such a fun mod. Anyway, I, uh, have important bowling shoe business to attend to now."

Simon met a pretty girl that he was instantly smitten with. This is Chloe Hayden, a spare from generation five of my friend Haleigh/MeadowThayer's wonderful (and long-since-completed!) The Hayden Legacy. Chloe is an absolutely beautiful sim that I pestered Haleigh to let me have, and she was kind enough to upload her for my purposes. I've had her in my Gallery downloads for a long time, but she's only been in the neighborhood this generation. We've seen her once before, in the gym on Neighborhood Brawl day. She's staying with the simselves currently until I figure out what to do with her. 

Simon: "I can think of a few things."

Simon! Manners!

Simon: "Geez, I meant maybe we could bowl?"
Chloe: "Haha, no problem. Yeah, I'd love to bowl a game with you after the cake."

It was actually a really good turn-out for the cake, especially considering most of our guests are fighting the blizzard outside to even slide their way into the bowling alley. I see Owen, simRoxy and simJ, Chloe, and the whole family. Happy birthday, Simon!

Simon continues to want to be a Musical Genius, and now in addition to being good and childish, he is now a loner. This should mean he instantly starts hating the party, but we invited so many people he already knows (the simselves are part of the Gregory Helpers club, Owen is over all the time anyway, etc.) that it doesn't set off his loner trait yet. He got all of the character traits except the one for Emotional Control. He had an A in school and topped scouting, and he's gotten the scout and music-related scholarships. We missed residency, and we're still waiting to hear on athletics and one other, plus we'll see if he got the merit scholarship once he actually enrolls. In the meantime, our generation 8 heir is finally a young adult!

Simon: "Why am I still so short then? How am I supposed to impress Chloe like this?"

Don't worry about it. I still have to remove your preset that's making you short, but I don't want to go into CAS in a party just in case.

Simon: *groan*

Wall: "You did it, Eleanor!"
Eleanor: "Thanks, Wall Holding Cake. I raised my firstborn to adulthood."

Eleanor: "Six more to go." *an empty, glazed look comes over Eleanor's eyes as she chews her cake slack-jawed*

Yeah, we're not done with this gen by a long shot yet. But before we worry about all that, let's enjoy the party!

The cake gets torn apart pretty quickly, and everyone is having a good time socializing. Simon tried to sit by Chloe, but family friend Claire (from the club) sits between them.

Logan: "Hello, Claire. May I say you're looking very fine today?"
Claire: "You may, if I may say you are still looking very underage today."
Simon: "Lol. For once, I'm not the butt of a joke."
Chloe: "So, Claire. I'm new to town. Are there any hot, available guys I should know about?"
*Logan and Simon listen a little too intently*

My simself scored some cake. It pleases me that she and simJ are good friends, since I never play their household. simRoxy is a scientist and simJ is a botanist, so they're doing all right for themselves when they're not over in a club gathering, cleaning up our messes.

Hey, look who made it! Actually, I didn't invite Orlando (Rowan's dad and Eleanor's ex) but I was really pleased to see him because, unlike Kaiden, he never seems to be out on the town when we go out. He is, predictably, in bad outerwear.

Aw, and Rowan rushes straight over for a hug on autonomy. That's so sweet. Orlando took off not long after this, so I'm glad they had a positive interaction, especially since Kaiden was such an ass to Simon earlier.

Jason: "Do you wanna come bowl with us, Great-Grandpa?"
Alison: "Yeah, everyone is forming teams. We'd love to have you on ours."
Andres: "I think I will defer, children, but you have my gratitude for your invitation. I wish to recline and contemplate."

Celeste has the girls bowling on one lane, Orlando in his bell bottoms is saying his goodbyes, and Eleanor is entertaining Owen and the simselves in the next lane over.

Good form, sis! Use your head.

simJ: *pushes the ball*

Yes, yes, we have definitely always been a very athletically-inclined family.

Andres was finally pulled down to the lanes by Rowan, who is keeping him company. Andres is being a little standoffish, which just isn't like him, but maybe he has something on his mind. Kenzie bowls with the triplets, and that leaves Simon and Chloe to a lane by themselves.

Simon: "I'm gonna bowl a strike for you, Chloe!"

Simon: "Yes! I did it. Oh, I hope I looked cool doing that."

Simon: "Wait, is she even watching? Oh, I'm too embarrassed. I don't want her to catch me staring at her. She's so cool, and I'm so . . . not."
Logan: "Anyone seen Claire?"
Chloe: "In a sec, Logan, I'm trying to see who just yelled my name a second ago. It's so noisy and bright in this bowling alley that it's hard to know where to look!"

Simon: "Sigh. I'm just a shrimp. Why would I ever think a girl like Chloe would go for me? I'm a loser. That's what I am."

Simon: "It's rough being single, right, Logan?"
Logan: "I wouldn't know, man. Claire and I just penciled in a date for the day after my birthday."
Simon: "What?! I really am a loser! Even my younger brothers are out here making connections."
Logan: "Well, I mean, I wouldn't say you're a loser, but you know how girls feel about tall guys."
Simon: "Need I remind you that you're short too?"
Logan: "Yeah, but not as short as you, dude."
Simon: "At least I'm an adult."
Logan: "Yeah, and you're totally acting like it."
Simon: "ARGH! I need some fresh air."

Chloe: "I did it, Simon! Did you see that?"

Chloe: "Simon? Where'd he go? I thought we were hitting it off. Did I say something?"

Rowan: "Great-Grandpa, you seem pensive. Is everything okay?"
Andres: "I have existed for a lengthy span of orbits of this planet's sun, Rowan. There is much in my current frame of consciousness and it weights me in a downward direction at times."
Rowan: "Well, that sucks. I know what will take your mind off of it!"

Andres: "Haha! You were speaking factually, Rowan. Dog Butts II: Rear Guard is, perhaps, the greatest cinema recording committed to film media. I am pleased that I received the opportunity to view it before . . ."
Rowan: "Before what?"

Before the end of the party, maybe? Cause it's time to go home. I called you all an Uber but they said no one can fit eleven sims. I'm not really sure how we all made it here then, but that's not really my problem any longer. Your two rides are on the way.

Kenzie: "So how come I had to take the car with the brats? You know I don't do childcare."
Stella: "What are you talking about, Kenzie? You happily told us stories and played cat's cradle all the way back and let me fall asleep on your shoulder!"
Kenzie: "Shut up! I've got a reputation to maintain."

Andres: "Sigh. This evening was a grand jubilee at the small street of three-holed balls. I think, perchance, I will sit here in this moving chair and reminisce."

Andres: "I remember starting this new adventure with Faye after encountering her in the vicinity of Sixam. It occurs to me again! How very many years in the past did we have Ava, our first offspring."

Andres: "And now, this evening, I was present at a celebration for my daughter's daughter's son. What large multiples of years I have passed as part of this human familial unit! It has been my pleasure to be a part of each event that has transpired since I joined the Gregory line. Dear ones, family, please gather in my immediate area!"

Simon: "What's up? Do you need something?"
Andres: "Dear ones, I need for nothing. No thing that you can provide me, however. My lengthy span of existence has come to be tiresome. I have occasion to reactivate so many neural networks that I have stored in my hippocampus . . ."

Andres: "Like when I had my first slushie . . . but also, my life with my dear Faye, and all the years without her that I have been biologically active. You are all so brave and unique and strong. I fear you need me no longer, and I can abide no longer missing the love of my life. It is that temporal window."

Andres: "I know exceedingly wonderful things approach our family in the near span of time. I would that I could see them, but know I will be more or less present with you at all given times. Do not let that pass from your memory."

Andres: "Continue on in contentment, my dear individuals."

Oh my God, this tore at my heartstrings. I had promised that Andres would have to go when Simon reached an adult, and it did indeed seem he was stuck not aging for some reason. I used MCCC to let him expire from old age, and all his immediate family was there to witness it (Astra is hiding behind Simon). I let him reminisce in a rocking chair first, and he did get to attend one last human party. I hope it was a good send-off.

Even Kenzie and the first spouse of the legacy are there to observe Grim coming to collect.

Jaron: "But I haven't gotten to flirt with him in forever!"

I would say find him in the afterlife, but I think now that they're reunited, Faye will definitely kick your butt, so I'd just stick to your wife if I were you, Jaron, you inappropriate old lech.

And so Andres Gregory, originally Tamayo, former inhabitant of Sixam and longtime inhabitant of Earth, cooker of many meals and dispenser of cryptically-phrased wisdom, passed from this plane of existence. I'm not crying. You're crying.

To top it all off, I put his urn backwards, I'm just now realizing, but I'll fix that next time I play the lot. At least he's finally with Faye again. She was the great love of his life, and he's been so lonely for a long time. He did good to stick with us as long as he did, however it was he did it. Goodbye, Andres, you wonderful weirdo.

The family is, understandably, devastated, and none more so than Simon.

Simon: "I thought he'd live forever. I really looked forward to seeing him at my graduation. How am I supposed to leave when I'm this sad?"

Yes, mourning is inconvenient right now, but it was time.

Some are taking the mourning a little more seriously than others.

Simon strengthens Andres' connection to the physical world and checks on all our other ghosts, and then it's time to wrap up loose ends.

He makes sure to comfort his brother and best friend. Everyone really did love Andres - unlike a lot of my other sims, he didn't play favorites and was loved equally by everyone that ever met him, pretty much. Besides being fun to write, he was just a really beautiful soul of a sim.

Simon: "Hot damn, Mom! My growth spurt finally kicked in now that I just got out of CAS."
Eleanor: "Well it's about time. Congratulations, honey."

So here's Simon as an adult. He's cute. I wish his jacket mesh (which is EA, not even CC) didn't create that line on his neck, but I do like him in it so I'm trying to decide if I should change it. Any opinions or knowledge on how to get rid of the line?

Kenzie: "Well, Simon, are you ready to head off?"
Simon: "I've got one more thing to put in order before I'm ready."

We head over to the simself house, which has been joined by Haleigh's simself there between simRoxy and simJ. I'm in her game so it was past time she got to be in mine. :)

Chloe: "Oh my God, Simon? What are you doing here?"
Simon: "Oh, wow, I didn't realize you lived here too, Chloe. I'm here to ask simRoxy something."
Chloe: "You're looking that good and not here for me? I'm hurt, Simon. Haha, just kidding. I'll let her know you're here."
Simon: *blushes furiously* "Um, actually, can you hold on a moment? I wanted to say something to you."

Simon: "Look, I know I didn't make the best impression at the bowling alley and I was just that short, boring guy, but I really like you and I'd really like it if you gave me a second chance."
Chloe: "What are you talking about? Did we have a first chance? By the time I found my way to the lane, you had taken off and I didn't see you for the rest of the party. I thought I bored you! And I don't care about your height. That's not what I like most about you, though I see it's not really an issue anymore."

Simon: "Wait, you like me?"
Chloe: "Yes, dummy. Man, apparently you don't have to be short to have things sail over your head."
Simon: "So, about that first chance . . ."
Chloe: "Of course, you doofus. Give me a call when you're situated in your dorm. We'll have a do-over and start this right. Now let me go find simRoxy for you."

Simon: "Hey, simRoxy. We need to talk about how this college thing will work. I just lost my great-grandfather and I really want to have the whole college experience, but I can't handle that if it means I lose my grandmother and mother too early, especially since it'll be a while before I can start my family."
simRoxy: "I got you, Simon. But geez, what were you saying out there to Chloe? You're fifteen shades of red right now!"

Simon: "Is this better? Also, unrelatedly, could you guys buy a thermostat? And why do we always find you in the one child's room in this house? You know what, never mind. I don't actually care. Tell me the plan for college."
simRoxy: "For the record, I like this computer better. That's all. It's definitely not the toys. But, yeah, college. Here's the deal. I'm going to leave aging off for the outside world and play your household at college. You'll get to live in the dorms and you'll age normally, so that'll be the trade-off: it'll still be a while before you get a start on legacy living. But your family will be played just a bit to age up all the kids with you out of the house, and then they're aging-off until you get back. It'll all work out."
Simon: "Thanks, simRoxy. You're a benevolent controller."
simRoxy: "I know. I wrote myself that way." :D

Back home . . .

Simon: "Well, all the arrangements are made. I just need to check the mail one last time for my scholarships and then I guess I'm heading off to Britechester."

Simon: "Yes!! I got that other scholarship we can't remember. Didn't get athletics, though, but that's okay. I'm not really an athlete kind of guy, so I don't think the soccer team will miss me."
Gnome: "Neither will we, ya goober. Hurry up with the long goodbyes, will you?"

Eleanor: "Ah, crap, Kenzie. How did we forget that the game won't let you move out if you leave more than eight people behind? Even with Andres gone, we've got ten sims in the house still. I don't want to tell Simon he can't go until more of his siblings age up. What do I do?"
Kenzie: "Chill, El. Ten minus two is eight. I just gotta take off too."
Eleanor: "Wait, I thought after the last time you were going to stick around for good!"
Kenzie: "Sigh. I thought so too. But it's for the best for this family, and as you told me last time, I'm family too, so I get to sacrifice myself."
Eleanor: "You know you can't come back, right? Letting Simon go is already really pushing the rules."
Kenzie: "I've made up my mind. I'll be fine. You'll be fine. Everything will be okay."
Eleanor: "You're a good friend, Kenzie."
Kenzie: "The best. And don't you forget it."

Kenzie: "Okay, we've said our goodbyes. You ready for the rest of your life, kid?"
Simon: "Haha, I'm not a kid any more, Kenzie. I think I'm ready. So you don't need to hold my hand, you know."
Kenzie: "Oh, actually, I was going to pickpocket you but you caught me. Okay, fine, you're paying for the cab then."
Gnome: "What is with you people? Leave! Go! Bye! Lord, stop dragging out this scene and get off my porch!"

Yikes! I think we better listen to him. So yes, we're going to follow Simon through the normal college experience with aging off outside his household, and then add him back to this main house. Kenzie will be starting her life somewhere else. Before Simon can rejoin though, I want to get all the spares out of the house, both for my sanity and to simulate a bit of time passing. So we'll actually tend to all the spares in a special next chapter and then we'll catch up with Simon at Britechester U in the chapter after that. This one didn't span much time, but a lot happened. Thanks so much for reading. Catch up with me at Boolprop, and be sure to check back for the spare chapter, which I've already laid out in Blogger. Watch for impatient gnomes on your way out! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment