Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 47

An important trait in an heiress is the ability to take flattering and interesting photos.

Hmm. Maybe there's a reason Eleanor isn't succeeding at social media.

Anyway, we left off with a gen. 8 toddler, Simon, and a baby on the way, neither of whose fathers are in the picture, but we do have unflirty Kenzie around to help out, along with the elder three members of the Gregory family. Let's see where we left them . . .

Ah, with a gathering of random stray cats. We seem to get these a lot. But wait a moment -- whose rainbow poop is that on my driveway?

Shifty Eyes: "It sure wasn't me."

Proximity begs to differ, but we'll let it go this time. Okay, now let's check on actual members of the family.

Simon's having his own potty adventures. He's such a cute kiddo! Those eyes!

Dayna, who we haven't seen for a while, takes a moment to attack our castle. Honestly, with two child-hating ancestors, I don't know why I bother keeping this around.

Speaking of child-hating ghosts, I figured out a mystery when I was following Marjorie around. The dolls I placed in this display cabinet in Eleanor's room had been disappearing and I couldn't figure out what was happening to them.

Turns out Marjorie has been risking the stress of the playroom to reach through the glass, remove the doll, and put it away. Gee, thanks.

Cuteness break! Andres is just in love with his great-grandson. Andres is seriously one of the best things to have happened to this legacy. I just love him to pieces, so I'm glad he's sticking around so long, even if we could use the space soon.

Eleanor stops by to actually take care of Simon, but I think he'd rather keep playing 'plane.'

Eleanor: "Hey there, mister. You ready for bedtime?"
Simon: "Stowwy!"
Eleanor: "You betcha, bud."

Eleanor: "And then the dragon said URP . . . uh . . . mm, my stomach . . . uh, the dragon said, 'That's all, folks,' and everyone lived happily every after. The end."

Storytime was brought to you tonight by the letter 'morning sickness in the middle of the day.' That's one of the 29 letters, right?

Kenzie: "I got the tree, El."
Eleanor: "Awesome! You ready for our first Winterfest as a big family?"
Kenzie: "Should be fun."

We decorated the central hall all-out for Winterfest. There's a tree with an improvised tree skirt before I knew that you add a tree skirt when you're decorating it.

And the other side of the room has a cozy fireplace, which I normally never use because I'm very fire-avoidant, but I wasn't sure if it was required for Father Winter or not. Obviously this was the first Winterfest I celebrated with any of my sims.

And it just wouldn't be a Gregory Christmas without fun seasonal outfits! Eleanor got the best one by far, and she even got a cute little CC bow to go with it.

And here's the best family photo I could get. Merry Winterfest (in July - hey, that actually kind of works), everyone, from the Gregorys!

I went hunting for Rafael and he was doing this. Yup, you're useless.

Sometimes when things are slow, I just follow them around to see what they get up to. Raf decided to work out while complaining constantly that he was working out. Mensa material here.

Waiting up for Santa? No, something even better.

I love it when Faye haunts because Andres always makes a beeline for her.

And then they always make a beeline for the bedroom. Being parted on either side of the mortal plane has not lessened the, er, love these two have for each other.

Eleanor dove back into parenthood with aplomb. She's actually pretty natural at it. She interrupts Simon's tablet time for a bath.

And here's Simon's first bath in prime Eleanor-Vision TM. We don't like Kaiden, but boy do we like his genes. What a cutie. And Simon is generally one of the easiest toddlers I have ever had. He's just so agreeable even though he's independent.

After the bath, they get dressed up again in their Winterfest finery to go celebrate with the fam.

And it's going to be the whole fam! While Simon gets excited for presents and Rafael makes himself useful trimming the tree (which now has a real tree skirt), Eleanor calls her sisters over.

Soon the tree is a family affair, and it's shaping up pretty nicely.

Then everyone stood around and took turns opening their gifts.

Simon was delighted to get a penguin TV, even though I immediately sold it.

Taylor got a large pet poop, to my everlasting amusement.

It was a nice get-together and everyone had a good holiday. All too soon Eileen and Taylor headed back home (and speaking of which, we'll be checking in on their home later in this chapter), and it left the family back in their usual routine.

Ahem, I said "usual routine," Andres. I don't think coughing on the toddler that you just fed diet ice cream is part of our usual routine.

Andres: "Is this not health food for the young one? And forgive me if I have an infection. I will do my best to cover my mouth when expelling air, but perhaps medicine might be in order?"

With his cold sorted out, Andres reads Simon to sleep.

We had the club over some that night, and simJ took quite the spill in a blizzard while wearing randomly-generated cold-weather wear, so I sent them all home.

Finally Father Winter arrived (despite someone having lit a fire - that must have been an interesting journey down the chimney), and Simon just had to get out of bed to go ask for a present. He was pleased with his new toy and snuck back to bed.

Eleanor had been hard at work authenticating artifacts. I had her quit social media because she just wasn't getting anywhere with it, and she's got her current aspiration to work on. She's pretty distracted from her pregnancy, though.

Eleanor: "Yeah, my back hurts, but more importantly, I'm uncomfortable that there's a single man in the house that I'm not currently romantically involved with."

Er, what?

And so she ran off and did an enchanting introduction to Father Winter while extremely pregnant. *facepalm*

If that's what she wants, I decided to roll with it and see where this could go. For the record, Father Winter was DOWN.

Just like that, they're sharing their first kiss in front of the tree.

Rafael: "Gosh, I must be sleepwalking again because I just walked in on one heck of a nightmare."

Yeah, best to hurry through here, Raf.

And to cap off the night, Eleanor and Father Winter agreed to be boyfriend and girlfriend for no real reason.

The excitement of a new relationship finally sent Eleanor into labor. I wanted a birth certificate for the nursery wall, so I sent a Gregory to the hospital to give birth for the first time in this legacy. Celeste accompanied Eleanor since she's not really attached to Orlando.

Celeste: "Hey, brother-in-law. You're the doctor on duty tonight?"
Judah: "I just started my internship but the doctor was sleeping when I paged him."
Celeste: ". . . well that's just great."

Still, Judah makes his best attempt and Eleanor is a trooper about it all.

Soon she's holding her new son, Rowan.

Eleanor: "Aww, he's so cute."
Celeste: "Wait just a moment . . ."

Rowan: *intense screaming*
Celeste: "Yeah, how cute now, huh?"
Eleanor: "Heh, uh, yeah. Bring the car around, would you? I think we need to get crankypants here home."

Now that Eleanor isn't pregnant for basically the first time in her YA years, let's check in on the spares finally.

In a house in Willow Springs not far from the legacy household, Eileen's teen sweetheart Dale has moved in with the girls. He looks . . . balanced.

Also moved in was Jonathan Lima, a townie who's been in the peripheral for a while now. Taylor befriended him at the twins' birthday party, and I had plans for him.

Dale and Eileen can't wait a moment longer and have a very unceremonious elopement in their kitchen. Congrats, you crazy kids!

Then, with their evil aunt Ava in attendance and cackling, Jonathan proposes to Taylor.

They too have an elopement, this one so speedy that they're still wearing their winter clothes.

Sims 3 TV Guy: "Blah blah blah."

No one asked you, pudding face. Anyway, Taylor becomes the first Gregory to change her last name, and they are now Taylor and Jonathan Lima-Gregory. Yes, Taylor is now a Lima. And she's a plant sim. You might even say . . .


. . . she's a Lima bean.
.
.
.
Yes, I did marry them off just so I could make that pun. Don't judge me.

Anyway, now that they're happily coupled, we'll leave them be for now to celebrate their new marriages.

Kenzie: "You know who's not happily coupled? ME! And I like it that way."

Duly noted, Kenzie. That's why we brought you onboard.

I had a photo sesh with the girls and also Eleanor alone (the success of which was seen on the cover image). I can't remember if I used this one or the single Eleanor photo (a good retake, not the back shot) for the front entryway, though. Although Kenzie is definitely an invaluable help and a part of the family at this point, she isn't directly related to them, so I might have just put up Eleanor since all the others are couple photos.

Eleanor: *shakes son for spare loose change*

Simon does not lack for attention in this household.

And Rowan gets his fair share too, although there's not much to be done with him yet.

With her sons settled in for the night, Eleanor is free to return to her archeology projects, which she really . . . digs. Yes, I am in fine form tonight.

For reasons unknown, Nova went far afield to take a poop, and she got lost, I guess? She wouldn't come home and she was not feeling well. I think she might not be the brightest dog ever because she was actually just across the street near the water. I sent Andres to rescue her.

First, though, he has to finish up his super-special great-grandson bonding time.

Anyway, we've got Nova and it's time to take her back home to warm her up, and . . .

Andres: "Please, a moment."

Andres: "Nova, I know you are in dire need of attention but I must place you back on the firmament so that I can compliment that man back there on his jacket. It really is quite fetching."

Before long, it's Rowan's birthday. I was excited that he got the red hair!

He's a cutie for sure, but I'm not sure how much of Orlando's looks he actually got. He did get his dark eyes at least. Rowan is a wild child who loves dressing in animal prints and patterns.

So the house is full and technically we have two good heir candidates. So will it be Simon?

Or Rowan? Actually, I wasn't paying attention and made a critical miscalculation regarding household fullness and not realizing that I had the cap raised for the Allens and hadn't changed it for this household when I played it, so I wasn't going to roll for the heir just yet.

Anyway, that aside, Eleanor found herself spending some time with Owen again. They had cooled off their relationship some over the years, but they picked up right where they left off and were soon close again.

Eleanor: "Whee! I have so much fun with you, Owen. I've just never felt as comfortable with another man as I do with you."
Owen: "I know what you mean. Things are just different with us. Easier, somehow. I waited for you, you know. I couldn't get you out of my mind all this time."
Eleanor: "Oh, Owen."

Eleanor: "You'll always be my first love, Owen, and I think . . . the best one, too."
Owen: "We've had our bumps, but when I find you in my arms, it all seems worth it."
Eleanor: "I wish things had gone differently. We could have had a family together."
Owen: "Maybe it's not too late for that. I know I can't marry you like I want to, but we can still be a family in our own way."

Eleanor: "Are you really suggesting . . .?"
Owen: "Let's do it, Ellie. Let's have a baby. I love you."
Eleanor: "I love you, too. Now, I've got just the location . . ."

We cut away to give them some privacy . . . and find Raf potty-training Rowan by demonstrating what not to do. Sigh.

I made Nova's Winterfest outfit her walking outfit so she wouldn't wear it normally, but now she goes on walks in it, and it's just too cute for me to change it currently.

With a FULL complement of hearts, Owen and Eleanor return from their very special journey to space. So, are we expecting a third child in generation eight?

Eleanor: "We are!"

Eleanor: "Congrats, Owen! You're going to be a father!"

And he cheers like a champ. Yeah, in a different universe these two would have made a really cute couple, but in this universe, Eleanor had some lessons to learn the hard way. It's all working out, though, just not like a legacy typically does.

And we'll conclude with our genius dog failing to find her bed yet again, but at least doing it with maximum cuteness. That's all for now! I've played ahead a few chapters, and something so big just happened the other night that I rage quit from playing and have been taking some time to cool off, so I want to get to the drama. Hopefully that will mean more chapters soon. As always, thanks for reading, and come visit me at Boolprop! Bye! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment