Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 17



Here we are with another update in front of us! Last chapter saw the twins grow up, lots of aspiration fulfillment, and Laurel meeting a new friend in Kori, pictured above. And what are our intrepid band of Gregorys doing today, you might ask? Read on . . .


They are having another spooky party because I paid $10 for that pack, dammit because it was still October when this happened, and it was time for Laurel's birthday! Instead of throwing a birthday party, I thought I'd throw another spooky party and let Laurel grow up during it. As you can see, I changed everyone's costume from the last time, with the slight exception that Luke is still a hotdog. It just fits him so well. I'm proud of Laurel's costume, which I "made" by piecing together clothes to make her some kind of fuzzy pink bear. Aaron is Super Llama, which was our gold medal reward for the last party. There's also a female version, which is less muscle-y, but just as llama-y.


Happy birthday to Laurel! Once again, we invited a bunch of guests, but the only ones who showed up were Kori and simJ. Kori ran off to play video games, but simJ the zombie schoolgirl or whatever stayed to sing for Laurel. Of course, her whole family was there but not everyone could be bothered to participate.


What's wrong, Laurel?
"What the heck is my costume?"
I have no idea. You're . . . um . . . a fancy lady with short hair?
"Oh, okay."


I had Laurel change to being a maid just in time for them to celebrate Kori's birthday. Since they've become really good friends, I thought they should grow up together.


Kori is cute, but her costume is just as head-scratching as Laurel's. Is she . . . a gardener? A retail employee headed to a party? I have no idea.


Leo and Luke work on fulfilling the main party objectives. Luke cracks me up as a hot dog. I have so many pictures of him just doing mundane things during the party, but I'll spare you.


Fancy gardener, Super Llama, Death, the blue fairy, and the maid enjoy a little chat on the spooooooky couches. Totally normal birthday party right there.


"What's this?"
"Well, you asked for a party treat."
"Yeah, it's an objective someone had to fill. But why is it so heavy?"
"Oh, it's actually a rock in a candy wrapper. Did I mention I grew up evil?"

Awesome. Cheerful and evil. That is some personality you've got there, Kori.


SimJ disappeared for a long while and I thought she might have gone home, but then she showed back up in her everyday clothes looking quite pleased, so she was probably in the hot tub, though I don't know for sure. Simselves are completely unpredictable, but that's why I love them.


"Hello, simJ. I hear you're a good sim."
"That's right, Liam. Why do you mention it?"
"Well I just wanted to see what you would think if I told you I was a criminal mastermind."
"What?! You are? Isn't being Death good enough for you?"


"Ha ha! Psych! My mischief skill is pitiful, I have no job, and no one hates me yet. I'm no criminal mastermind. You've been pranked, girl!"
"Oh, I'm so embarrassed."

Evil + Good = Hilarious


Meanwhile . . .
"I'm happy we finally got a little private time, Kori."
"Totally. I love spending time with you."
"I'm glad you said that, because there's something I've been wanting to tell you. Something I've thought about ever since we met as children . . ."
"Yes?"


"Hey ladies. What up? Good cake, am I right, Kori?"
"Um, I'll tell you later. Ha ha. I'll just awkwardly eat my salad now."

Nothing like a little brother to spoil the mood.


The party ended (another gold medal) and the guests left while I sent Laurel to the dresser. Here's her makeover. I think she's ridiculously adorable. Dayna and Aaron's genes mix perfectly in her face. I like sims that have a little personality in their faces, and I'm just in love with Laurel.


Laurel's new trait is squeamish (like her mother), adding on to creative, and her aspiration is Freelance Botanist. So that huge awesome garden we just got rid of? Would have come in handy. Luckily, Dayna thoughtfully left lots of weeds and dry plants for Laurel to get started on. She also planted some more stuff because she'll never be able to raise her gardening skill with just four plants and a tree.


For her birthday, Laurel also got some tattoos, courtesy of this awesome mod that enables things like tattoos and freckles for born-in-game sims. Love it. She actually has the same tattoos that Natalie, the founder, did.


Her first day of high school is a good one for Laurel, as well as for Liam, but Luke ended up sad and Leo bored. School can be quite a wild ride for the emotions.


Not to mention work, but if Aaron's angry, it's usually because he's hot-headed. He's now a space cadet (lol) so he gets to wear astronaut gear to work.


I've decided to have Laurel work on wellness skill as a hobby. She starts with the yoga mat in the basement gym.

"I have no idea what I'm doing."

Really? Because I couldn't tell from your face or anything.


"Dad, it would help me find my zen if you could stop pounding away on the treadmill for one moment."
"Can't talk, sweetie! Have to work out for my job. Still. Forever, perhaps. Huff huff."
"Ugh. Namaste to you too."


Meanwhile, Dayna is leveraging her level 10 painting skill to refill the Gregory coffers that were nearly emptied for Marjorie to be a mansion baron. I'm still living in fear of the bills, so we need to build up a nest egg again. Although it takes her a little longer, Dayna's perfectionism creates a lot of masterpieces, so this should help.


"What do you think of my new outfit, Laurel?"
"Wow, you look totally hot . . . I mean awesome. You look awesome, Kori. Why the change, though?"
"Oh, the controller came and made me over because I dressed like a crazy person when I aged up."
"Worse than the fancy gardener bit?"
"Way worse."



"Cool. Well, I like it. Shall we go enjoy some spa time?"
"Do we really need the spa? I feel like it's heating up out here."
"Are you flirting with me, Kori Baxter? 'Cause I like it."
"Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it?"


"Imma do my sexy pose."
"Very nice. But why don't you come over and show me up close?"


"Is this close enough?"
"Oh my!" *swoon*


I left them alone for a minute and Laurel autonomously declared her crush, which was met with a favorable reaction. The time was right for a first kiss, and it went off without a hitch. In case you're very slow on the uptake or my writing is less clear than I thought, I should mention that I'm planning on Laurel marrying her childhood friend. All signs point to yes so far.


I love these two together, and although I was surprised that Kori became evil, I think it will be fun to play. They make a super cute couple, too. They were all over each other at the spa.


Once they took a break from kissing, Kori and Laurel attended a mind-focusing yoga class. It seemed to be going well. Laurel had a few points in wellness, so she was doing the poses mostly competently.


Unfortunately, both girls fell hard (and not just for each other) when they attempted a handstand. Laurel got an energized moodlet from the class, but also an uncomfortable one for falling. On another note, the old lady in the front was awesome at yoga, but the guy mostly just stood there instead of doing the poses. Slacker.


"I'm so glad we spent this evening together! My back is killing me and you stink, but we had a great time, right?"
"Totally. Will we do this again? This going out together thing?"
"Definitely. I want to see you again."
"Me too."
"Well, how about tomorrow? It is a Saturday, after all. Come over in the afternoon and we'll hang out."
"Awesome!"


Back at home, and the dollhouse is being destroyed by a mismatched astronaut. This is a very Gregory moment.


"How did you enjoy your time with your friend, Laurel?"
"Oh, it was very friendly."
"I'm so glad you girls can hang out as friends. That's nice to have."
"Yes, that is definitely what we did, Dad."

Laurel is - perhaps wisely - keeping her love life a secret at the moment.


The next morning is a double-pajama-party-birthday. First up is Leo, the last of the children for this generation.


Next, Dayna is becoming an adult. She aged extremely well and looked basically the same, but let's take a look at little Leo.


Not so little anymore! Leo basically is Aaron with darker coloring, and I think he's great-looking. He rolled the perfectionist trait and the Public Enemy aspiration. Totally not was I was expecting for him. My sweet little Leo. There sure is a lot of evilness and Public Enemy dreams going around in this generation. The youths today.


Laurel works in her garden some more. She's waiting to evolve some plants, and they're close but not there yet, so she plants a few more random things just so she can increase her skill faster. Finally, her waiting is over and Kori arrives to hang out, and the two young ladies head to the hot tub.


Kori knows exactly what is going on here, and she's into it. Don't ask me why Kori sprouts bangs when she's working out or swimming. It may have been a little late and I may have been a little tired when I did her makeover. Anyway, the girls get their flirt on in a major way.


"I'm really glad you came over again, Kori."
"Me too. This is fun. We should do stuff like this more."
"You mean making out in the hot tub?"
"Well sure, but more like the general idea too."

They're so freaking cute. I don't usually think of shipping names, but if you do, you should know that these two are Korel. I just adore them together.


After a good long soak and a full romance bar, Laurel asks Kori to be her girlfriend. Kori is so excited she's hovering above the ground right now, so of course she said yes. Unfortunately for Aaron, he has landed from a space mission in the background there just in time to realize his little girl is not so little anymore. The end of an era, I suppose, at least for him.

This is also the end of the chapter! Nanowrimo is almost over so I should be getting some more playing and writing time in December, so hopefully updates will be a bit more frequent. Thanks for reading, and, as always, come visit me at SiMania or Boolprop.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment