Friday, August 21, 2015

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 10


It's time for another chapter of The Gregory Legacy! Last chapter we saw the three gen. 3 kids grow into teens, including at heir Aaron's party, where his eyebrows and the industrious bartender stole the show. Also, Aaron began work on a rocket and gained a love interest in Dayna, the owner of the blue shoes above. Are things still running smoothly in that department? Read on to find out!



Well, well, well. It looks like they are. These two have been seeing each other occasionally throughout Aaron's teen years. They pull the funniest faces when they're together because Aaron's constantly trying to impress Dayna and she's mostly just amused at his efforts. According to the romance and friendship bars, though, he is making a bit of an impression.



In fact, he finally got his first kiss! Unlike most other relationships in this game, I'm letting this one develop slowly and more naturally.



When the option came up to "mess around in rocketship" I was curious if A) Dayna would accept and B) that was possible since the rocketship wasn't complete. Well, these two very flirty teens walked over to the incomplete rocketship ready for a little action, but since there really wasn't anything to mess around in, it just dropped from their queue.



Instead they became best friends and said goodnight. Probably just as well.



The rest of the family, including our ghosts, are still kicking around, doing their things.

"Marjorie, you should be happier. Why so tense?"
"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you just scared me, Dad."
"Oh, that. Well, on another note, you guys really ought to trim your bonsai. That thing is out of control."
"Thanks for the tip. I just came home from a long shift of gaming, so I'mma just eat my salad in silence now, please."

Marjorie can be quite testy when she's running low on motives, and the scaring certainly didn't help.



Henry is quite the gregarious little guy. Since he has nothing better to do, not being the heir and all, I have him greet everyone that comes to the door, so he's soon talking and dancing away with Dorian, simRoxy, and his neighbor, Alice Spencer-Kim.



Aaron, meanwhile, is finally working on the skills that will actually help him become an astronaut. He is physically gifted due to finishing his aspiration as a child, so he actually builds fitness at a reasonable pace. This is also a good activity for him since he's a glutton and always heads for the fridge on freewill.


 
Henry, meanwhile, is King of the Selfies. This is Henry Selfie #1.



Once that's done, though, it's time to celebrate Tessa's adult birthday. I had Marjorie whip up another hamburger cake because they're hilarious, and the whole family gathers to wish Tessa a happy birthday.



Some of them are a little more excited than others.



Here's Tessa. She looks pretty much the same, and . . . oh my god, that counter is disgusting. Someone clean it please. Now where was I?



The hamburger cake pulls double-duty because it is also Marjorie's elder birthday. Amazing to think the gloomy little girl has grown up to be an elder, because if you think about it . . . that counter! That counter is seriously grossing me out, guys. Won't someone do something about it?



"I'm old!"

Great! Go clean the counter!



I would normally give an elder at least a bit of a makeover, but nothing else I put on Marjorie looked right. She's especially always been a hat person and when I tried her without it, she just didn't look like herself. I guess now at least her hair matches her wardrobe even better. On another note, their super-healthy dinner of hamburger cake will be the final meal for these five as a family.



That's because Tessa is moving out! Finally! I mean, oh, we will miss her. Tessa's adult trait, by the way, was hates children, so I ended up being relieved in the end that she wasn't heiress, even if I was pulling for her at first. After a good night's sleep, she says goodbye to everyone and heads over  . . .



. . . to the House for Wayward Spares. Which she looks just thrilled to be at, by the way. She joins Corinne and Jamal, as well as Dorian and Molly, in the first spare house. Time for a brief break to get her married off.



At the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, who she should run into but the overachieving bartender, a YA named Bryson, who also happens to be the only adult she knows that she is not related to. He may seem to have a much smaller head than Tessa, but he is soon head over heels for her and they share their first kiss right there at the bar. No wonder he was so good at his job though - he has 8 points in mixology. I hope I can keep hiring him now that he's going to be part of the family.



By evening's end, Tessa and Bryson have eloped, and all is well at the House for Wayward Spares again.



Henry Selfie #2

Henry's developed a bit of a crush on Alice, the neighbor from up the street. I remembered there was a story behind her daughter, Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis, and that last name. Something about a divorce? Or a death maybe? Regardless, I was pretty sure I remembered that Alice is a single mom. However, Henry is still a teen so all they can do is make friends for now.



Henry Selfie #3

The boy is incorrigible with that phone.



And now it's catching! While up exercising and playing chess all night with the help of moodlet solvers, Aaron also befriended his grandmother. It's nice to see Natalie get a little face time!



"Hey there, Olivia!"
"How do you know my name? What do you want? Why are you here? Why are you talking to me?"
"I . . . live here? And you knocked on my door? And we're neighbors?"
"Very suspicious. I'm going to report you to the neighborhood watch, mister, so just watch yourself."
"But . . . but . . . you came over here . . ."



"Yeah. I'm pretty great with kids. I think I'd make a good stepfather, y'know?"
"Wait, what? Henry, why are you thinking about being a stepfather?"
"Oh, no reason."
"Hmm. Kids. That reminds me of something I need to go do."



You are your mother's son. Although Marjorie's always smashing the dollhouse because she hates children, Aaron smashes it because he's hot-headed. Either way, this dollhouse doesn't last long every time I fix it. It's a little annoying.



Henry has some annoying habits of his own. He's mostly running his own life with occasional nudges from me, and he has the oddest schedule. He usually goes to bed at 8 and gets up around 4, well before anyone else is up and while it's still dark. What kind of teenager does that this happily?



In more interesting news, Aaron and Dayna have become girlfriend and boyfriend finally, and even exchanged promise rings, the immediate aftermath of which you can see here. That's a hell of a rock for a teenage promise ring. Anyway, Aaron is so smitten and Dayna, despite trying to play it cool, is too.



The rocketship is still nowhere near ready, and Henry wanted an observatory, so Dayna and Aaron finally got to get that "mess around" in. Like a gentleman, Aaron observes the occasion with a rose. You can also see in this picture that he's just starting to buff up thanks to those daily workouts.



After Dayna leaves, Aaron returns to work on the rocket. We have plans for this rocket. Oh, yes, we do.



Henry Selfie #4

"Hey, Alice, do you know who that guy is that keeps knocking on our door and standing out there, creepily judging?"
"Oh, that's my dad. He just doesn't approve of me hanging out with teenagers while my husband's home looking after our daughter."
"Wait . . . what?"




"You have a husband?! Were you going to tell me? I had all these plans!"
"Henry, you're sweet, but you're a teenager and we're just good friends. There's nothing here. It's all in your head. Now, I have to get home to my husband. I'm sorry."



"FML."

Sorry, Henry. I did a little research and discovered that I had remembered wrong and Alice is indeed still married, so Henry is back to having no prospects. As a romantic sim, he keeps getting tense moodlets from a lack of romance in his life. He couldn't romance Alice, of course, since they were different ages, and that turned out to be a good thing, but maybe it's time for Henry to put that romantic trait of his to work on a fellow teenager.



Meanwhile, Nathan is trying to learn to fish well enough that he has a chance of catching a cowplant seed, since he needs to grow one for his Freelance Botanist aspiration. Did I ever mention that he picked that one up? Yeah, he finished Nerd Brain a ways back and is doing Freelance Botanist and is on the final step and making good progress, except for the cowplant. Unfortunately, his days are becoming numbered as his bar is filling up. It'd be nice if he could finish his aspiration before he kicks it.



Henry needs to head out on the town to meet eligible young bachelorettes. Aaron tags along to make friends so we can invite people to the huge wedding I'm going to throw him. Since the only non-family sim he knows is Dayna, it'd probably be a good idea to round up a few guests. Since Tessa had such good luck at Rattlesnake Juice, we start there. Aaron is soon entertaining a variety of sims, but where's our lovelorn Henry?



Well, he's out front being insulted by the first and only female teen to wander on the lot. Screw this bar; we're going to the park!



Henry Selfie #5

Few people are at the park at first, so we have to watch and wait. I feel like I'm lying in wait to prey on unsuspecting sims. Come to think of it, that's pretty much exactly what I'm doing. Hmm.



Molly, Dorian's wife and the boys' aunt, is apparently moonlighting as a park hobo. Hmm again.



Despite the disappointing start to the night, Henry is soon surrounded by pretty young ladies, all coincidently with short hair. However, Bria, the girl on the left, is another teen and just so happens to also have the romantic trait as Henry found out while conversing with her. I think we may have hit the jackpot!



Henry does some flirting with Bria, but they don't get far before they're accosted by a stinky hobo. I take this and Henry and Aaron's exhaustion as a sign that we should call it a night.



As Henry and Aaron drag themselves back in sometime around 1 in the morning, I have to say it was a successful outing. Aaron met lots of people he can befriend for the wedding, and Henry met the girl I believe to be his soulmate. Will their love bloom, and how will Aaron and Dayna do once they're adults? To find out more, you'll have to wait for the next chapter! Thanks for reading, and, as always, check in with me at SiMania or Boolprop. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment