Friday, January 1, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 19


Happy New Year! It's time again for another Gregory update. Last chapter saw current heiress Laurel and her girlfriend Kori get serious, Liam gain and then quickly lose a simself love, and alien skintone glitchiness on Sixam. I was also waiting to play further because I wanted the same-sex pregnancy mod to be updated before Laurel grows up. I've got plans, you know? Anyway, that's taken care of (thanks, Aren!), so now we can move on . . .



First, though, let's check in with Liam and Luke, who have moved out of the house to live out their young adult lives in the House for Wayward Spares II, which is actually a gallery house of some sort. I forgot to write down the creator. Sorry, creator! Anyway, at first it was very lonely and the foodie (Liam) and glutton (Luke) twins spent a lot of time eating.


However, Liam was finally able to get in touch with Olivia, the girl who had avoided his calls for so long, and grow her up with a handy cake baked by Luke.


Surprise, surprise! They actually get along great! Liam was quickly forgetting his heartache over growing out of his relationship with simJ.


In fact, he was soon proposing to Olivia. She accepted, of course. Who wouldn't want an evil, neat foodie? At least the house and dinner will always be taken care of! Now to get Luke settled.


Luke didn't know any girls he wasn't related to, so he exploited the new club feature to get a bunch of random women to show up at the house. Luke's Happy Fun Time Club met only once, but it fulfilled its purpose, as Luke met a wonderful single glutton named Nathalie. They hit it off right away.


Luke dismissed the club, but Nathalie stuck around to hang out.


Unfortunately, their date was chaperoned by a visiting Aunt Tessa, who still likes to be in the middle of everything at all times. Luke and Nathalie were falling for each other quickly even with the interruption.


Meanwhile . . . oh my. What is that, Liam?
Liam: "It's an angry painting. I'm channeling my rage through finger painting, apparently."
That's . . . nice. But why are you angry?
Liam: "Why don't you ask her?!"
Olivia: "I didn't mean to flirt with your aunt! I just thought she was introducing herself. Geez, Liam! Get a grip. Ooh, a yellow block. High score!"

Oh dear. Once again, out of frame, Tessa has been involved in what I assume was a flirty introduction, thereby introducing anger into the house of the Wayward Spares. These guys need constant supervision!


Speaking of which, while I was trying to cool Liam down, Luke and Nathalie used the new feature of autonomous woohoo to jump into bed together on their first day knowing each other. I guess that means they like each other!


Luke can take a hint, so he proposed to Nathalie, who wisely accepted. I'm waiting to marry the spares off for a while because part of Aaron's aspiration is to have a child get married, and I want that to be Laurel who fulfills that, rather than one of the spares who I technically shouldn't even be playing, anyway. So the boys have to wait for a little while until Laurel is married and Leo has joined them in the house. Now back to Gregory Manor . . .


. . . where a flirty Marjorie is watching Dayna and Aaron sleep. No, that's not creepy at all.


Another part of the current stage of Aaron's aspiration is to have a child have three friends. Laurel has a ton of friends left over from being a social butterfly as a child and a generally nice sim as a teen, but it doesn't seem to register. I had her make good friends with a bunch of them, including Olivia here, but it still didn't count, so once he completed the other requirements for that stage, I just used a cheat code to complete that milestone so he could move on. It's a glitch, surely, so that seems fair to me.


"Oh god, a public enemy. Look, kid, just because I'm a service sim doesn't mean you can . . ."
"Whoa there. I may have a mean aspiration, but I've never acted on it. I just wanted to chat while I drank my juice. I'm outgoing and I have whims to meet a new sim at least once per day."
"Huh. Well, you are a pretty smooth talker. I guess we can chat a little."
. . .
"So, uh, what did you want to chat about, kid?"
"Oh, I don't know. You're actually the first new person she's ever let me meet. We're antisocial, you know."
"I see."


Dayna got a promotion. She's very happy about it. This is her happy face. Seriously, though, the only way she can get promotions is to make her work hard, and she always gets tense from it. You'd think a career that aligned with your aspiration would be like a dream job, but getting Dayna promoted is a slog.


She can work off some of that tension in the re-done pool. I used the new natural stuff but left the meaningful floor decals and the basic shape. I'm really liking it! Overall I'm pretty happy with the new EP.


Aaron and Leo take a break from swimming to eat some grilled cheese and play with the clay, respectively. Seeing them side by side reinforces the fact that these two have basically the same face. I love seeing how genetics work out.


Back at the pool, and Dayna is in mid-air for what turned out to be a really epic belly flop that actually gave her a sad moodlet! So much for releasing tension.


After the little swimming party is over, Laurel gets back to work on what has become a really weird garden. We have all the alien plants now, plus a dead cowplant. Laurel is doing really well on her aspiration, by the way. She's on the final milestone now.


However, tonight is also her last night as a teen, and as she's been a very studious, hard-working teen, I wanted to let her party and let loose a bit, so I sent her to a club in Windenburg with Kori after a quick boost from a moodlet solver. The two young ladies pose a bit before going inside. Well, Laurel's posing. Kori is actually doing an uncomfortable idle action because she apparently never got that ancient mom's adage to "go before you leave." Laurel left her alone long enough for Kori to remedy that, and their date got started.


Laurel and Kori went to the lounge area on the floor above the main dance area, and worked on their date objectives. These two are so cute together, and Kori's evilness doesn't really come through too much. They had a great time flirting, kissing, and teasing each other all night.


In fact, they spent so long on their date (gold medal), all the club-goers went home, and even the elderly DJ headed out, leaving Laurel and Kori alone in the club except for the mixologist.


That didn't stop them from doing a little dancing, however. You don't go to a dance club and not dance just because you literally were necking all night until everyone went home.


They also made good use of the closets in the club's basement, which I can only assume were put here for this exact purpose.


The next morning, Laurel is very sleepy, as evidenced by her orange plumbob. She was out pretty much all night and had a great time. Kori somehow got a nap in between the clubbing and being invited over, so she's refreshed at least. Anyway, it's time for Laurel to finally become a young adult! What trait will she gain?


"Gasp! These sparkles! They're proof of the fairies, I tell you! I knew it!"

Oh dear. Like her father and grandmother before her, Laurel has gone insane upon becoming a young adult. If I were doing an exemplar legacy, I could hardly do better than this. Laurel is now creative, squeamish, and insane. Quite a personality, but it's nice to see some of the other bad traits out of the equation for once. Insane I can deal with.


It's then time for Kori's birthday.


After she spins, Kori is invited to move in. She is now a cheerful, evil genius. I kind of love her personality. Unfortunately, I do not love her aspiration, which is Party Animal. Looks like we have a lot of social events in our future. Aaron and Dayna are congratulating themselves on raising an heiress to adulthood.


Kori wastes little time in proposing to Laurel in her favorite place. Nothing like a cowplant skull to really set the mood. Aaron's aspiration requires four grandchildren, so both he and his daughter are getting married and having kids relatively early in young adulthood so that he can complete that milestone before he dies. Yes, it's practical rather than romantic, but I think both couples are making it work.


Laurel accepts Kori's proposal. Looks like it's almost time for a wedding! I designed a lot especially for a night wedding, but it's too late this evening for it.




Christmas came and went while I was playing this chapter, so I had the current household occupants dress up like they were having a formal little Christmas party. Poor Dayna got stuck in the rather unflattering new holiday dress. Aaron is wearing the men's new formal attire. That's . . . pretty much all they did to celebrate Christmas since I couldn't think of any interactions or objects they could use to fake gift-giving or something.


"Smile and say, 'Here's to evil and insane children!'"
"Ah, Laurel. Always looking ahead with optimism. That's why I love you."


"Argh! We forgot to get married again!"

Actually, I played around so long getting everyone to pose for the Christmas pic and then getting everyone's needs topped off for a good, long party, that when I looked at the clock, it was already like 11:00 sim time, so I decided to wait yet another day.


Instead Laurel returns to her garden. Her milestone was counting the dead cowplant for the "Grow a Cowplant" goal, which didn't feel fair to me, so I'm having her grow another one. We could use another killer plant, anyway. All Laurel has to do now is top the gardening skill, and she's at late level 8 or early 9 as of this picture, I think.


Leo is still being used for some money generation while we wait for him to become a YA, and Kori picks up painting as well. After Dayna's gone (a while from now, of course), we'll still need another good painter to keep up with the bills. Since I last complained, they've built up about $148,000 by selling paintings, collecting royalties, and selling Laurel's perfect dragonfruits and other harvestables, so they're hurting less than they were before, but I don't want to let the family funds get that low again. On another note, I feel like Leo is taking forever to grow up, even though he was only 4 or 5 days behind Laurel.


"Argh. First Kori and Laurel - my sweet little Laurel! - take over Dayna's and my bed, and now I can't get Mom and Dad off of my new bed where they're flirting. This is the worst."

Ha ha. I had Dayna and Aaron move to the basement elder's room so Kori and Laurel could redecorate and take over the upstairs bedroom next to the nursery. The first night Kori was here I had her sleep in Liam's empty bed and Laurel was still in her childhood room, but since they're getting married tomorrow I figured they could share a room. ;) Unfortunately for Aaron, his ghostly parents do like to come down here still to hang out together, and the VIP bucket in the room makes them flirty. Dayna had quite a time getting them to get up so she could go to bed.


Also in preparation for the wedding, I had Laurel and Kori take their spouse portrait to hang by the front door. So cute. I just wish photography had been around in time for me to get one of Natalie and Jaron.


And the morning of the youngest couple's wedding dawns only to see Kori apologizing to Laurel (which I forced her to do) after she insulted her. What an auspicious start to their marriage! Am I really ready for an evil sim? Well, we'll have to wait to see more of Kori and Laurel, including their wedding and the early days of their marriage, which will be in the next chapter. I've played ahead a ways (kids!) so hopefully it won't take forever to get another chapter out. Thanks for reading, and have a great start to 2016! Check in with me at SiMania or Boolprop in the meantime. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment