Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 25


"Hello/ it's me (The Gregory Legacy)/ I was wondering if after all these weeks you'd like to read . . ."

What? No, I do not have a song stuck in my head. Anyway, would you like to read an update? Then you are in luck, my friend, because I have a shiny new update for you right here! Last chapter Faye took over for reals, with her face on the cover and everything, our second cowplant died, all but the grandparents went on a fun vacation, and Faye grew into a teenager. Let's check in with our mean, outdoor-loving heiress now . . .




She . . . um . . . went to school? She goes to school by day and collects by night, and she doesn't sleep much because I give her moodlet solvers, which also takes care of the fact that she's hardly ever allowed to interact with anyone for long. Trust me, it's better this way. She seems pretty happy at least.


Laurel's a serious musician now, so she wears some professional clothes to project her seriousness.


And Kori just got promoted to something else in the Secret Agent career, so she also wears the same suit. Is this like the incognito party with the hot dogs and astronauts? Was there a bulk discount?


On the matter of jobs, Aaron has topped his and is now officially an Interstellar Smuggler, and we got the rocket kit for the really cool rocket that this career branch rewards you with. Aaron started building it that very night after topping off some needs. He's led a very successful life, having completed an aspiration that spanned generations and now topped a career. His next aspiration is Fabulously Wealthy because I'm still trying to build their wealth, and someone might as well benefit from the accumulation. Plus that was his mother's aspiration, so I imagine she rubbed off on him at least a little besides just passing on the insane trait.


These three hard workers all arrived home hungry and were able to share a meal with each other and a conversation with the founder, Natalie. Dayna works totally different hours as a writer, so I believe she had already gone to bed.


Natalie also took some time to give Faye some tips on leading a legacy. Things like "Try not to insult everyone you talk to every time you talk to them," and "Perhaps develop interests outside of digging in rocks," and "For plumbob's sake, really, stop with the insults." I'm not sure if it sunk in.


"Behold! For I have finished the construction of the greatest rocket ever!"

A little dramatic there, Aaron, but I am kind of loving it. I changed the paint scheme because everything in my life must be blue, and I am just adoring this rocket.


See? Isn't it super cool? We still have the old one because the new one is not fully upgraded and not actually safe to fly. Aaron installed a wormhole generator right away so it can at least be used to access Sixam. I had him work on installing some of the other upgrades, but his life bar is getting suspiciously full and I'm not sure he'll finish. Therefore, I'm keeping the other rocket until this one is fully upgraded by Aaron or somebody else.


Faye took Hannah to the park because Hannah needs to befriend some children for her aspiration, and Faye is always in the mood to jam her hand into a solid rock. Good times.


At the park, I spied gen. 3 spare Henry playing a friendly game of chess with his aunt, gen. 2 spare Corinne. I love seeing them out and about on the town. I've decided in my next legacy when I finish this one, I will turn aging back on, but in the mean time, I'm enjoying getting to see my spares as I remember them.


There was only one kid at the park, so Hannah befriended him, but we'll have to come back another time. While Hannah and her friend Samir were stargazing, I spotted a cute redheaded teen and sent Faye over to talk to him. In the time it took to switch over to Hannah, give a different command, and switch back, Faye had already made him mad. Way to sink that ship, Faye.


Faye also angered her great grandmother over a game of chess. She is a one-person insult machine, you guys. I mean, this is in the focus room, which grants +2 or +3 focus, I believe, so she must have made Marjorie really incandescently angry for her to appear red instead of purple. Good thing she's already dead.


"I think I'll just leave this cup back here, off the lot, where it can never be cleaned up or removed because it's too far away from any sinks or trash cans, and where it cannot be added back to my inventory. Awesome. Go me."

When she's not angering potential spouses and her own ancestors, Faye is working her magic on me. She makes rounds of the lot to hit all the rock and frog spawn points once a day, and today she brought orange juice with her. Super. She seems mighty pleased with herself, too, to add insult to injury.


Oh my goodness. As if going to Sixam without his breathing apparatus wasn't enough, now Aaron is apparently coming back from space completely nude. I hope this is a bug, because if it's a bug, it's weird, but if he's doing it on purpose, it's really weird.


What happens when you gather two evil children with their evil uncle? Yelling. So much yelling. And lots of red minuses. This was a homework party to remember.


Speaking of parties, we've got a double birthday to celebrate today - Kori's adult birthday and Adrian's teen birthday - and Kori is still working on her party aspiration and needing to throw parties in different locations, so we head to a Windenburg dance club with cakes in tow for the party. I brought two cakes because you just know that if I only brought one, someone would manage to swoop in and steal a piece before the second sim got to blow out the candles. Dayna had to work, and she really hates being around the children anyway, so it was win-win for her to not be invited. Faye also had to work. The final step of Laurel's family aspiration requires a child to top a career, and I was hoping a teen career might count. I wasn't really expecting it, but I figured it was worth a try.


All the usual motley crowd of Kori's friends - Claire, the girl in the next picture who has the goofy walk style, Judah with the flirty suit, Kellan with the clown hat, and others - were gathered to celebrate Kori becoming an actual bona fide adult. Laurel is still days and days away thanks to having two more pregnancies than Kori did.


And she's still looking quite good! Happy birthday, Kori!


The group then gathered around to do some excited squats for Adrian, and please notice that Leo is still wearing his spooky party clothes around the town.


"Mwa ha ha! And you thought this family was bad before. Behold what I have wrought! A curse upon my own house! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!"
"Geez, Mom. Cool it! You're going to ruin my chances of looking cool."
"Oh, Adrian, honey, you ruined that yourself with that eyeliner and a double-zippered shirt pocket."

Adrian grew up . . . interestingly. He decided to take that evil trait and run with it. He now wants to be a Public Enemy and added mean to evil, because he's seen just how successful that mean trait is in his sister. Sigh. He's like the perfect awful sim.


Adrian: "Hey, so, I hear you have a thing for evil Gregorys. Can I interest you in some hamburger cake?"
simJ: "Why, oh why, did Roxy put me in this game? I could just die right now."

SimJ was not at all impressed by Adrian, despite him autonomously trying to chat her up. While she got along with Liam despite being a good sim, she doesn't seem to care for Adrian, and that's putting it mildly.


Adrian then told a joke that was so bad it made him embarrassed and a whole crowd of people angry. Way to rock being a popular teenager, Adrian. Oh, and nice pants.


"To my awesome, evil family. Cheers!"

They're not all evil, Kori.

"Close enough. *wink*"



Here's Adrian's makeover. Like Faye, he takes after Kori quite a bit in facial structure, but he has Laurel's hair and eye color. I gave him a different jacket but did a green recolor of the jacket he grew up in as his party wear. What? The boy likes zippers apparently.


Back at home after the party (which was an early-ending silver medal to meet Kori's aspiration requirements), Kori and Laurel are up to their usual shenanigans.


The next day, Laurel let Faye stay home from school, and they headed down to Willow Creek's community garden because the spring challenge had just started. They each got a growfruit seed, and Laurel got the three packs of fertilizer. Faye is going to take over Laurel's garden someday, so I'm having her do some of the gardening and I wanted two fruits anyway to make getting the 20 growfruits easier. I am not the quickest player, in case you haven't noticed, so I'm concerned about getting this part of the challenge done in time. I already had the bunny from last year and Faye found the two new eggs from her usual collecting rounds, but raising a perfect growfruit may take more time than I usually commit to the sims in a given month. To top it off, I'm also trying to earn all of this in my turn of I Hart Space! as well. So I'm feeling a wee bit pressed for time, and as of this writing, am not as far as I'd like to be in raising the growfruits for either family.


Before they left for the park, mother and daughter stopped for a quick selfie. These two don't have the best relationship ever thanks to me sequestering Faye and her being mean when I don't, but they still are on good terms. Especially now that Laurel has that family aspiration, she seems interested in trying to shore things up with Faye. For her part, Faye played nice today.


I then sent Laurel home and had Faye raid that neighborhood for frogs and rocks because hey, we're already here, might as well. While she's out and about, I decided to have her visit a few other lots to see if I could speed things up on her aspiration (although I was still waiting for her to breed frogs at this point, but it should help with the next stage) and for a change of scenery.


At Willow Creek's park, the name of which I do not remember at the moment, the lot loaded up with some teen Windenburger attempting to show Faye funny videos. Amusingly, this seemed to please Faye and she didn't insult the other girl in the short amount of time I let them chat. After collecting all the spawns around the park, it was time to move on . . .


. . . to The Lost Garden of Healing (I think that's the name - my memory sucks and I'm too lazy to look these up at the moment!), which is the lot that came with Romantic Garden Stuff. And oh my gosh, you guys, it is gorgeous. I love it. Really pretty architecture and the recessed fountain area is so cool.


Speaking of that fountain, of course Faye filled it with bubbles, much to the annoyance of the fisher lady in the background. Oh well.


Before checking the spawns in the area (I placed the lot in Newcrest), I had Faye make a wish to test out the new well, which I am considering adding to the Gregory lot for amusement purposes. First though, because I wanted this wish to be successful, I had Faye toss in a huge chunk of change. The well seemed to approve, glowing white and the face changing to a happy one.


After wishing for a promotion, Faye received a phone call revealing her boss had won the lottery and quit, and she was thus promoted. Yay! Unfortunately, though this put her at the top of her career, it did not fulfill Laurel's aspiration requirement. Apparently that takes an adult career. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that because the only adults that have topped careers in my game have actually been elders with their parents long gone. :/


Anyway, this is what getting a good promotion wish outcome looks like. Nifty. The face then changed to the somewhat malicious-looking one you see here, and I was sorely tempted to make Faye wish again for something important like romance, just to see what it would inflict on her, but apparently there's a cool-down period and she couldn't wish again yet. Overall, I like the well. I'll have to play with it more later. I like the risk of it.


Faye arrived home after an afternoon full of scavenging collectibles at other lots in time for dinner with her siblings. Adrian is really enjoying being evil and has begun cackling at all possible moments. Although Faye left before school started and her sisters allegedly went to school, the game apparently did not see fit to change them into their everyday clothes. Or perhaps they changed back to pajamas while 'taking care of' themselves. Who knows?


Kori is working hard towards another promotion, and that means lots of tenseness. Looks like she's still stuck in the purple dress shirt for now.


As the sun sets, Faye and Hannah try the park again. Again, when the game loaded the lot, some random teenager is trying to show Faye funny videos. What's up with that? If these teens think Faye looks like a good friend, they are sorely mistaken.


Luke sighting - in his formal that he was supposed to wear to his sister's wedding, no less! Now, admittedly, it's not much better than the shiny red suit he did wear, but this is Luke we're talking about. In the background, Faye is fishing in the world's shallowest creek for something to do because she already collected everything that had spawned again.


Hannah met a couple more kids and completed her child aspiration by befriending Max Villarreal, the leader of the Renegade club. They actually got along pretty well, which is surprising, because I later found out that he is evil, so the conversation could have gone very differently. On the other hand, maybe Hannah just knows how to deal with evil sims by this point. Hannah's aspiration accomplishment did not register for Laurel's family aspiration for some reason, so I better hope that Aimee's does, or either Laurel will not complete her aspiration or, more likely, I will cheat to complete it once she's done the other requirements. I should say 'if' she does the other requirements, since that 'have a child complete a career' one is looming ominously over me.


On the topic of aspirations, this is the face of a man completing one! When the girls got home, I emptied Laurel's inventory of perfect fruits, veggies, and flowers into Aaron's, and then had him sell them. This completed the final step of Fabulously Wealthy for him, and also put the family over $500,000. This makes me feel a lot more secure about bills, and, because their house is ridiculously valuable, I got an achievement for a family being worth more than a million simoleons. Cool!


For the sweet, sweet aspiration points, I then had Aaron switch to Mansion Baron, drunk on the power of wealth. Because of the state of the house and landscaping, all he had to do was purchase some columns, so this little forest of columns helped him accomplish his third aspiration. Well done, Aaron! I forget what I switched him to then, but he didn't complete it. Three is pretty good, though.


And as soon as I pushed play after the produce-selling and column-purchasing, I noticed evil little Aimee destroying our dollhouse, a feat that made her so happy she levitated. Sigh. That dollhouse cannot catch a break.

This seems like a good place to end the chapter, so that is what I will do. Check back next time for more of Faye's collecting, more parties, and other parts of legacy life. Thanks for reading! Check in with me any time at SiMania or Boolprop! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment