Monday, March 28, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 24


Welcome back to The Gregory Legacy! I have mostly recovered from the reveal that Faye is the heiress, and here is her first cover picture, where she is being her usual charming self, mocking one of her siblings at the table. Last time we partied, we saw the birth of the final two children for this generation, we partied some more, and I had a minor freakout when the heiress decision was made. Bless that random heir law: it does create a lot of drama! Now let's get started!



Although they're done having kids, Laurel and Kori are still very romantic with each other. These two are perpetually in the same mindset of being teenagers making out in that closet. I have never had a couple this interested in each other! I really like them as a couple, though, and even if their kids' personalities leave something to be desired, I can't deny that the kids are good-looking. Shallow, but there's that. Considering they had kids early to fulfill Aaron's aspiration, they still have plenty of YA and adult days left to vigorously enjoy each other's company.


Unfortunately, Harry passed on. These cowplants are really hard to keep alive, and I'm very disappointed that none of mine have eaten a sim yet. For shame, cowplants. We're acquiring quite the collection of yard decorations now, though.


Aaron and Dayna are still kicking around and loving up on each other. Aaron has a tendency, borne of his insane trait, to yell at other people or insult them, so sometimes he needs to make it up to Dayna.


Hannah's first day of school has left her feeling so over it, or maybe that's just because the obvious choice for heiress didn't get it. Faye is fine, though. I'm a little sad that we can't seem to ever get light-colored hair in this legacy, but oh well. It's not actually that important.


Baby Aimee is doing well. Kori and Laurel spend plenty of time with her, but she still has a few days of infancy left, considering she was just born.


However, I decided to grow her up early - something I don't normally do - in order to facilitate a plan of mine. What is the plan? You'll just have to wait a few pics to find out.


Here's Aimee. Unlike Faye, who got mystery green eyes, Aimee actually did get Kori's eyes, along with Laurel's hair and nose. She's cute! Her aspiration is Rambunctious Scamp, so I went with an active look for her, and her trait is . . . wait for it . . . evil. Yes: mean, evil, hot-headed, evil. This generation has got it all. Kori's evil trait seems to be the most inheritable so far.


To prepare for my plan, I had Dayna drink her potion of youth a few days earlier than I might otherwise have. She's already offset from Aaron quite a bit because of her pregnancies, so this won't be much of a problem, but she was due to probably go in the next few days, and I needed her and Aaron to be self-sufficient for three days, two nights and, you know, not die, for the plan. What is the plan?


Family vacation! Laurel and Kori both happened to have some days off right on the weekend, when the kids also have days off, so I sent the main couple and their four children off to Granite Falls. They're staying in one of the nicer houses there. I thought a vacation would be fun and give these children a chance to bond somewhat, as well as getting a few new plants for Laurel's garden. Kori has a goal as well. It involves a party. Surprised?


First, though, Laurel and Kori unwind nearby while the kids play horseshoes. It's a good chance for the older three to get to know Aimee.


Of course, Aimee is already mad because someone else - and really, it could be anyone - said something awful to her as soon as they arrived. This is what my life has become.


After the game, the kids all gave each other a good amount of side-eye, which is really only justified considering their personalities. This picture produced a lot of laughing from me. They just all look so suspicious!


The next morning, the kids all wake up earlier than their parents and have a conversation over bowls of cereal. Faye holds forth on her plans for the legacy. Lord save us all.



I mean, is this the face of a girl who's going to run a reasonable and measured life? I think not. I'm honestly a little scared to see what the rest of her personality turns out like.


Later that day, Laurel explores the brambles to find the deep woods.


"I'm just going to take some cuttings of your plants without asking and pretend that you're wearing pants."
"Sounds nice to me, lady. *whistles*"

Gads, the hermit could have at least put on some slacks before heading out to garden! Laurel got her blackberry cuttings, though, which is what she needed. She also picked up a few other GF-specific plants, some of them unidentified because she has no herbalism skill. I didn't go for completionism because I figure they'll come back at some other point during the legacy.


Back at the house, it's Kori's turn to work on her goal. That is, of course, a party. She is working on throwing parties at five unique venues, so she threw a weenie roast here at the vacation house. The guests were her wife and children, plus a couple of guys she knows. Aaron was hired as the grillmaster, but he didn't do much. The kids enjoyed roasting weenies, and Laurel got to bust out her new guitar and sing some songs for the entertainment of the guests. Laurel is also useful because she has the naturalist trait from her former Freelance Botanist aspiration, which somehow protects her against fire, so she is my fire insurance if anyone gets too close to the flames.



"Hey, Kori! Thanks for the invitation to be your grillmaster. Say, what are you doing?"
"Um, I'm grilling, since you seem to have forgotten that mastering the grill would normally involve helping us with the objective to grill stuff."
"Oh, that's nice. I'm gonna go to work now."

And he did. Super useful. At least the money we paid to him presumably comes back to us.


Hannah: "Mommy, tell us a story!"
Laurel: "Aww, isn't that sweet? Sure, I'll tell you a story. Where are the rest of your siblings?"
Hannah: "Well, uh, don't turn around too fast."

The party did need some stories told and the kids were eager to listen, but of course they had to do it in the creepiest way possible, converging on Laurel in a freaky little swarm behind her back. Unfortunately, Laurel's stories did not register for the objective for some reason, so we only got a bronze medal. However, Kori still needs to throw parties at two more unique locations, so there's plenty of time to get her the last silver medal party she needs for this tier of her aspiration.


As the party wound down, the kids roasted marshmallows in a valiant effort to get a silver medal, but it was not to be. They did have a lot of fun, though. Weenie roasts are by far the hardest parties I have tried yet, and no one even caught on fire like I've seen in other people's legacies!


The kids then headed to the upstairs deck for a game of cards and to continue getting to know each other.


Kori: "Um, Laurel, you know the party's over now, right? Everyone left. Can we put the fire out now?"
Laurel: "And just how am I supposed to sing campfire songs with no campfire?"


Kori: "Kids, your mommy likes that campfire way too much. But I guess everyone relaxes in their own way, since you two have chosen to do your homework and ignore me anyway."
Hannah: "That's nice, Mom."
Aimee: "Mmhm."


When their trip was over, they returned home that evening with a nice moodlet to show for it. The trip was a success: we got blackberries and OR plants, Kori got to throw her weenie roast, and the kids got to know each other better, even if I did have to watch them like a hawk to keep them from being rude to each other.


Once they got home, I realized that Faye was only one day away from becoming a teenager, and she still needed quite a bit to finish the last two tiers of her second aspiration. I decided to race against time and try to get her the second bonus trait to complement her physically gifted one. She is now trying for Whiz Kid. It's a race to finish before she ages up, hopefully with enough time to throw a party!


With the help of moodlet solvers, Faye stayed up all night working on her aspiration, playing chess and mixing potions. She took a vacation day from school, too, since she'd be aging up soon anyway. Ooh, this is going to come down to the wire.


The next afternoon, I caught Kori in a cackle. Despite being evil, she rarely does this animation for some reason, which is too bad because I think it's hilarious. But what's the occasion? What merits a cackle? Is it because she's foisted two evil children on me? Or is it because she got to place a giant ice sculpture of a llamapegacorn on the patio? We may never know. Incidentally, I put the llamapegacorn statue party reward there in case they ever need extra ice for the bar.


After school, Aimee is working on her aspiration by playing on the jungle gym while playful. While up in the crow's nest, she spies her mother cackling, and her surprise is palpable.

"You mean we evil sims have our very own special laugh? Awesome!"


Meanwhile, Adrian and Hannah are hanging out with one of Kori's friends in a mostly-unfinished bathroom. Ok. That's a little weird, but as long as everyone's behaving themselves . . .


With mere hours to go before she spontaneously grows up, Faye maxes her mental skill. She already had an A at school, so that wasn't a problem. She gets the mentally gifted trait, and now we can have that party I mentioned and grow her up in style!


Where better to throw a birthday party for a kid than a nightclub? Well, I can't think of any places. Kori needed another unique location, so this is it. Various friends and family attended, though Aaron and Laurel were both at work, unfortunately. Still, the rest of them all headed down there with a hamburger cake in tow and people started celebrating for the very-stripey Faye.


Dayna was furious the whole time thanks to being around her grandchildren (such a model grandmother!) and Aimee was glitching through family friend Claire, but it was a mostly happy party. My simself's there somewhere, but she didn't show up in any of the pictures. I think she may have hit the bar early and just stayed there. >:(


And Faye immediately celebrates her entrance into the teenage years with a selfie. Seems appropriate. I'm not really feeling the clothes, but she is rather cute. And what's this? She rolled a trait that is not only positive, but coordinates with her aspiration! I can hardly believe it!


"What can I say? I just wanted to make it look like you're an overreacting, attention-seeking, hypersensitive drama llama for doubting my potential. Sucks to be you."

Ah, there's the mean Faye I know and . . . love. Sure, let's go with that. Faye now loves the outdoors and wants more than anything to be the ultimate curator. So she'll be spending lots of time outside digging and searching, and it will make her happy. Plus, bonus: it will keep her away from other sims, which is always an upside with a mean sim. I think I can live with this!


Leo was there in his spooky best, as well as Judah, our friend in the flirty suit. Although Judah didn't merit any notice, Dayna is happy to catch up with her youngest son, even if he is dressed as a schoolboy zombie at a birthday party. I have really got to learn to clean up the spares' wardrobes before I leave them be.


We ended the party early so Kori could get her silver medal, but she was quite pleased with it nonetheless. Both objectives counted down one more. She's getting very close to the next tier! Now, let's take a look at our heiress.


Wow! She's kind of adorable, actually. I had just gotten Movie Stuff at this time, so I dressed her all in boho style. If you scroll up to the previous picture and compare, you can see that Faye actually got a lot of Kori's facial features. I think she looks lovely, and she's continuing the pink and purple theme from her childhood.


I did give her leggings since she's going to be spending a lot of time crouched down, chiseling rocks and searching in logs. Wouldn't want our heiress's knees to get scuffed, now would we? We're probably going to be seeing a lot of pictures like this, as Faye has a lot of collecting to do to reach her aspiration. Good news is it should be easy to find all the eggs for this year's Spring Challenge with a collector sim.

Anyway, we've reached the end of another chapter. Thanks so much for reading! I'm playing a couple of joint legacies - a Sims 4 one called I Hart Space! with my friend Kristina/thinmintsim and a Sims 2 one called The Hues Legacy with my friend Haleigh/meadowthayer - and both my turns came up at the same time, so I might not get another chapter of this out very quickly. However, when we do return, we'll see Faye collect stuff, eventually grow into a YA, find a spouse, and continue the legacy. Probably not all in the next chapter because you all know how slow my storytelling goes, but that's the plan for the immediate future of The Gregory Legacy anyway. If you'd like to read another fun legacy in the mean time, check out the two linked above. :) Thanks again, and come chat with me at SiMania or Boolprop!

No comments:

Post a Comment