Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 23


Sorry I've been away, my lovelies, but welcome back to The Gregory Legacy, where mean and evil children run amok. Last chapter introduced Adrian, little brother to Faye, and we saw Kori throw another party and accidentally get pregnant instead of Laurel. Whoops! This chapter is going to be a long one because I want to get to the heir/ess decision, since Laurel has had quite a few chapters dedicated to her already. Anyway, let's check in and see what's going on . . .



We dive right in with Kori throwing another spooky party because hey, why not? They're actually pretty easy as far as objectives go, and I like costumes. I just wish more guests would show up to these. Leo was the only one to show for this one, but the family is all dressed up. Adrian is an evil businessman and Leo is an evil mastermind perhaps? Ooooooh, spooky!


Super Llama, aka Aaron, tried to pull a fast one and drink a youth potion from his inventory at the same time as his coffee, which would have been a total waste of it since he can only have one and he's still relatively early in the elder stage. Luckily I was able to get him to put it down before he drank it, and they later patched whatever was causing sims to drink things from their inventory. In the meantime, I had to remove all his potions because he was constantly trying to drink them!


The party is going pretty well. Adrian and Faye are kept busy carving pumpkins for a while and pregnant Kori seems to be enjoying herself in her alien getup. However, then the time came for the required mischievous interactions.


I didn't want any of the immediate family to be cross with each other, and the kids don't have much of a relationship with their uncle Leo anyway, so he was the intended target. Adrian starts us off with a little fake bad news, which shocks Leo, but as we all know, Sims 4 sims are pretty much incapable of walking away from conversations they don't want to be in.


Leo: "Oh, thank goodness. Hello little Faye. You've grown into a sweet little girl since I moved out, right? Not like your brother here?"
Faye: "Oh yes. That's right, Mr. Uncle Leo. In fact, I wanted to invite you to a party I'm throwing tomorrow!"
Leo: "Really? Gosh, I'm so flattered! That makes me so happy to hear that I am being invited to another real party!"


Spoiler: The party is fake, Faye is delighted, and Leo is embarrassed once again by his own family. That's what passes for quality time around here these days.


"My kids are horrible people. I'm so proud."


Kori goes into her third trimester towards the end of the party. It's a good thing that whatever that suit is made of is apparently stretchy. The party was a gold medal, but that apparently doesn't count for the "get 3 silver medals" requirement, which is beyond stupid. You have to actually get exactly silver for it to register, I later found out.


Cannonball! The younger parts of the family took a swim after the party, and Faye got a whim to do a cannonball from her mean trait, according to the bubble.


Faye: "Where's everyone going?"

Hilariously, this made her family mad at her for splashing them, and they all swam away and exited the pool. She got a happy moodlet, of course.


Faye: "Mommy, do you think I'll ever be pregnant?"
Kori: "Oh God, I hope not. That would mean you were the heiress . . . uh, I mean, maybe, when you're old enough and if you want to."
Faye: "Okay, cool. Hey, look at that cloud!"


Faye and Adrian are kind of friends. They have a hard time maintaining their relationship, mostly because of Faye although I have caught Adrian yelling at his sister on occasion. This generation is going splendidly.


"I'm off to work!"

Kori, you're so pregnant you can't even walk straight. Do you really think that's a good idea? I was sure she was going to come home early in labor, but she was really close to a promotion and her needs were topped off, so I let her go anyway.


Amazingly, not only did she not come home early, she scored the promotion and had time to fix herself a bite before going into labor. Laurel was alarmed.

Dayna: "Sweetie, calm down. You've already done this yourself twice. What's there to be worried about?"
Laurel: "That's the problem! I know what's coming!"
Dayna: "Oh, come on. We just groan for a bit and it's over. No big deal."
Laurel: "AHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Laurel then ran off through the house, eventually producing the picture that is the cover page for this post. I laughed hard.


Both mothers were extremely chill after that, and Kori eventually went to the bassinet to deliver, accompanied by Laurel, who had calmed down considerably.


In fact, Laurel's neutral expression didn't even change when she first met her second daughter and third child, Hannah. Incidentally, a few days after this happened in game, a friend of mine IRL had a baby and decided to name her Hannah, and now I feel a little weird every time I see Hannah the human since I have a sim with that name and I try to avoid naming sims after people I know.

Also, that damn fertile trait is a lie. Hannah was a single birth, obviously.


Which means Kori and Laurel have "work" to do, since Aaron needs four grandchildren.


"Hurray! We got it right this time! I get to be pregnant again!"

Laurel seems to like being a mommy.


Kori is also excited once again. Look at those big eyes!


Aaron is now an alien goods trader, and looks like washed-up Han Solo in his getup. Just one more promotion to go before we get that awesome rocketship!


Laurel spends some quality time with Hannah, hoping she will turn out a little different from her brother and sister. Fingers crossed.


She also continues to be a great mother to the older children, no matter how awful they might be. Also, Aaron has brought home more aliens, so now the freaky space squid has company on the study desks.


After a few days of doing baby stuff, Hannah grows into a really cute GT outfit. I think we'll keep that and change the rest.


As you can see, Hannah got Kori's blonde hair and Laurel's brown eyes. The other features may be a mixture, with the prominent exception that Hannah's nose is definitely from Laurel. I think she's just adorable! She does smile but when they get right out of the closet they have a neutral expression, and she definitely has RBF. Her trait is hot-headed, which almost seems like a good trait in this generation. I mean, yeah, she'll get mad a lot, but at least she won't be actively looking to aggravate other sims.


"Mom! Mom! Check out the pictures on my phone. Oh, this is a good one. And look at this one!"
"Cool, baby, but how do you even have all these? You were literally in diapers five minutes ago."
"I work quickly."

Hannah's aspiration is social butterfly. I could really use some new kid aspirations, because these same four are getting a little tired with three or four kids in each generation.




Speaking of aspirations, Adrian is still working on Artistic Prodigy. He's doing pretty well. There's really not much interesting to say about them at this point.


Faye finally finishes hers and picks up Whiz Kid for the next one. I'm kind of burnt out on these aspirations, as I said above, so I probably won't complete a second one except for the heir/ess, assuming there's enough time. There's still the matter of needing that fourth child before the heir/ess is chosen. I may work on the second ones a little so whichever ones aren't heir/ess can contribute potions.


Hannah gets to know her brother and sister the next morning, and looks appropriately shifty about the whole thing. They are a suspicious duo. I think they managed to get through breakfast without any major fighting, so success there.


"Are you sure this is safe?"

You weren't worried about that when you were trying to drink it during the party, Aaron. It's finally time for his potion of life. I'm actually going to be really sad when I lose him, so I'm glad it's getting postponed for a little while.


I mean, he's just such a family-oriented sim without actually having the trait. He's been a great dad and is doing well as a grandfather too. This fourth baby will complete his aspiration, which I am looking forward to.


Since Faye is going for Whiz Kid now, I had Grandpa Aaron read to her, and everyone wanted in on that sweet story action apparently. I have this theory that when sim butts contact seats, it sends out a mind-control ray that compels other sims to join them. Completely serious question: Does the butt or the seat send out the ray?


Time for another party - this time an incognito bash! I let them manage their own costumes this time around because I'm getting a bit tired with the parties already. Aaron is an astronaut, which is supremely unoriginal since he actually is an astronaut. Kori is an astronaut and . . . did you guys just get bulk discounts on the costumes or what? At least Adrian has committed on his own to being a hot dog (lol forever), but that's probably only because there's no astronaut costume for kids. (There should be.)


And Hannah is also a hot dog, albeit one with mustard. Original! She's also exhausted, so she changed into the costume only to head to her bed and change into PJs and miss the party.


Faye is also a hot dog, but she couldn't be bothered to match. Ugh.

"Ha! I knew it would get you! Take it all in, my friend."

We are not friends, Faye.


When she gets home, Laurel is . . . an astronaut. Seriously, what is up with the lack of originality around here? There are other costumes available for incognito, right? This is the first one I've thrown.


Ah, thank goodness. Dayna brooked convention to be a maid. That's Bryson, Tessa's husband, as the mixologist, by the way.


And the only guest who bothered to show up is a pizza delivery guy. Okay. At least it's not an astronaut. I mean, look at those dorks back there. Whatever happened to a little initiative in selecting unique costumes? On another note, why do my costume-related parties only ever get one guest at a time? Is this weird coincidence or something I don't know about? Anyway, the party was a silver medal because I ended it early once it reached silver, so it would actually count for Kori's aspiration. Apparently that ticked the required box.


Later, Laurel is well into her third trimester and soothing the baby with a little rock 'n roll. It can't be easy to hold a guitar like that, but she manages.


Like her wife, Laurel went to work with very limited time left before she went into labor. She also managed to come home at the right time and with a promotion! I forget what level she's at, as well as Dayna's level, because it has been a while since I played, but Laurel's doing well. Dayna's probably not going to make the top of writer before she dies, which is a shame, but oh well.


And Adrian completes his aspiration! Yay! I didn't even write down what his second aspiration was, so you can probably surmise from that that he wasn't the evil heir. *sad trombone*


Meanwhile, Laurel finally goes into labor over her cereal. This is an important birth: not only is this the final child of the generation, but s/he will also complete Aaron's aspiration and allow me to randomize the kids to find out who the heir/ess will be. Let's get a move on, Laurel!


With Kori's encouragement, Laurel gives birth to another girl! This little one is named Aimee. Interestingly, this makes the number of boys and girls born in the legacy exactly even, actually for the second time. Generation 2 was g/g/b, 3 was g/b/b, 4 was b/b/g/b, and now 5 is g/b/g/g. I know some people have trouble with getting a lot of one gender or the other, but my game likes to play things pretty strictly fair apparently.


Anyway, Aaron is apparently quite pleased to have achieved his Big, Happy Family, which they are indeed . . . well, when they're not insulting or yelling at each other. His next aspiration is Fabulously Wealthy, just like his mom, because they need money all the time anyway and maybe it'll give me more incentive to build up that nest egg they really ought to have by now.


Time for the heir/ess decision! Faye looks smug, and Hannah is scowling at some insult or other of Adrian's which now has her angry. What a fun bunch! Maybe Aimee will be a little sweetheart and get the title. As always, I randomized a list of the kid's names and chose the top name, and it is . . .


*Takes deep breath*

*Screams incoherently*

*Throws keyboard through window*

*Drives angrily to a cliff overlooking a barren valley, only to fall on knees and cry out to the uncaring wind, "WHY? WHY?"*


"Geez, calm down. You're scaring Aimee! How bad could it really be?"

I guess we'll find out, because yes, Faye is the heiress, a fear I've had ever since she became a child and started picking on those around her. Maybe it can only look up from here? Let's end the chapter here, partially because it's really quite long, and partially so I can rest up from my outrage before I have to play and write Faye as the heiress. Thank you for reading, and be sure to check in with me at SiMania and Boolprop!

No comments:

Post a Comment