Monday, June 27, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 28


Holy cow, have I really not updated this since the middle of May? Whoops. I was working on a joint legacy, so this temporarily took a backseat, but I was excited to get back into my Gregorys again! Last chapter the last of the kids became teens, we lost Dayna, and Faye went to Sylvan Glade. Maybe that makes it a bit of a slow chapter, but we're making our way towards Faye bringing in the next generation. Fair warning, though: it won't be in this chapter. Let's see where I had left off before I started playing the joint legacy . . .



Holy cow again! The spring challenge? I really am behind on getting these pictures out! This is Laurel turning in her 20 growfruits for the green pot. Neato. No one cares at this point.


Faye displays proper hammer-handling technique while again not wearing normal clothes. This girl does not have the best idea of safety when it comes to working on her handiness skill.


"Eating cereal in my party clothes before school on a Friday morning. Definitely deserves a selfie."

Newly-teenaged Aimee is still pretty obsessed with her phone. Why party clothes so early?


We held a little impromptu party for Max Villareal, a friend of Hannah's who would fit into this family just fine, being evil and all. In fact, I'm kind of hoping they hit it off as teens, because he's kind of cute as a teen. I believe this should also be the last picture with a plumbob in it since I learned the cheat shortly after this, so that's also something to celebrate.


Hannah: "Hey, Max. I love your teenage look. The wild hair is totally you. What do you say we hang out a bit?"
Max: "Sorry, I don't hang out with girls that dress like that."


Hannah, in the background: "Dress like what? What does that even mean? Ugh!"

Max's first teenage action is to insult Hannah's outfit, making the hot-headed teen angry, so yeah, he's going to fit in just fine.

Faye: "Can we pay attention to me now? I'm about to pass out from holding my breath, waiting to blow my candles out!"

Oh yeah. I guess it's also Faye's YA birthday or whatever. No big deal. She's just the heiress. Notice Leo in the background, still in his zombie get-up. He really likes that costume. This is an official party since Kori still needs approximately a million parties left for her aspiration, but the guests dispersed to the wind to play with all our toys.


Faye: "Yay! I'm pretty!"

Can't disagree. She may bug the crap out of me most some of the time, but Faye is going to contribute some fantastic genetics, I believe. Speaking strictly superficially, that is, since her personality leaves something to be desired. Faye now adds evil to mean and loves the outdoors, so she's a full-tilt insult machine now. That also means that Hannah is the only kid not to inherit Kori's evil trait. If I was doing Exemplar for evil, I would be over the moon, but as it is, I'd just settle for trying to get them all to have a normal conversation with each other.


The reason for having the party early rather than later in the day was so Faye could get a job and head off to work right away before the weekend. Obviously, she's going into the science career. I haven't tried an active career in a legacy before, and I was hoping that maybe this would move faster than the snail's pace that is the way I play regular careers, since Laurel needs a kid to top a career to finish her aspiration. Plus, can you really argue that Faye is not mad scientist material?


SimRoxy is there, and as a UFOlogist, is the ranking scientist on the lot. I assume this means she is Faye's boss. Awesome. This should go well.

SimRoxy: "So, Faye, welcome aboard. We're really looking forward to having you here at FutureSims Labs. This is our lab. Why don't we take a tour?"


Faye: "Don't you tell me what to do. You may outrank me, but I'm an heiress and you're just a self-indulgent simself. Where do you get off?"

Yeah, this is going great. In reality, Faye made a beeline to try to talk to simRoxy and immediately yelled at her. That's Faye for you.


Faye: "MWA HA HA! I'm awesome, I told my boss off, and I'm about to eat some really evil salad!"

The evil laugh is my favorite part of this trait, because it rarely comes after actually evil actions. More often they're laughing evilly at their salad or whatever. Anyway, Faye's first day in science went well enough, though I didn't take many pictures of it.


That night, I told her to read a rocket science book from the bookshelf in the living room downstairs, so she trudged all the way upstairs to read it in the bedroom where her two sisters are sleeping. Okay. On another note, I really need to redecorate these rooms for teenagers, but I'm a little lazy considering I haven't even finished decorating the house yet.


When she put it down and I told her to read it again, this time she went to hang out with her great-grandpa Nathan. Although it looks like she's sassing him, she actually got along with him rather well. Hopefully he gave her some life advice or something, since he was pretty level-headed.


This picture is just to show that I moved the fang tree to the green pot from the spring challenge. So, yeah, here it is.


Faye is being directed to do something the next morning. Every single other sim in the household, however, is gathered around, trying to get into the mausoleum from different sides to mourn their ancestors. This is ridiculous, but removing that door was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made.


Since it's the weekend, I let Adrian fulfill a whim he's had for a while and make an enemy out of Dennis Kim, since he was knocking on the door again despite not knowing anyone in the house. That'll teach you to be a friendly neighbor, Dennis!


After that, the four kids enjoy some time together. It won't be long now before the younger three are moving out, so they only have a few more days all together.


Their hangout session continues in the pool. Sometimes I just like to take a break and let my sims relax a little, since I push them pretty hard most of the rest of the time.


Faye's A+ safety awareness comes into play now that she finally has enough rocket science skill to continue work on Aaron's rocket. Using a blowtorch in your swimsuit is not recommended for those reading along at home.


Hannah tries again with Max, and things seem to be going much better this time around. Maybe he just really hated her party outfit. They had a good time watching videos out on the porch, but they move it into the foyer for some more quality time.


In front of one of a pair of giant space rock sentinels that guard the front door, Hannah finally reveals her crush and flirts some with Max. He is receptive. Looks like things are going well!


And we have a first kiss! Congrats to Hannah, who has gotten much further than Adrian, who is still not even friends with Tiara, his intended spouse. Hannah is a bit more likeable, though in this group and with this guy, that could be seen as a handicap. However, she and Max are in a much better place now than they were just the other morning.


"Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?"

Someone needs to write some new jokes.

"The 'p' is silent!"

Seriously, back to the computer with you.


Faye returns safely from a space mission. She's building up her rocketship skill kind of just because. She's becoming more and more comfortable with the rockets, which I guess is good for a scientist. I also want someone to finish Aaron's astronaut reward rocket so we can get rid of this old one.


Faye turned in our perfect growfruit, levitating it carefully above her hand so as not to spoil its perfection.


And we got the gold pot, which I dumped on the edge of the patio and left there until yesterday because I forgot about it. I was playing I Hart Space! this whole time, the joint legacy I share with my friend Kristina, so when I came back I forgot it was there. Way to manage the lot, Roxanne! Once I noticed it again, I sold it because I think it's incredibly gaudy. With the right recolors, these could be cute, but these are not the right recolors. Anyway, this was the last picture I took before heading off to play the Harts, so everything after this is kind of new finally, at least compared to spring challenge stuff. By the way, if you like the Gregorys,  you'll enjoy the Harts too, so click that link if you need more reading material.


Another party. I can't remember if this was a house party or a dinner party, since they both involved eating. Anyway, another gold medal. These are not registering for the requirements to have gold parties or to host parties, but they are for the requirement to attend events. I wondered if maybe that was because I always ended the parties as soon as I got gold, so I resolved to let the party timer run out next time, just in case.


As the party wraps up, Kori finishes some cake and Hannah has a typical insane freak-out. Faye is the first heiress since the founder not to be insane, so I guess I won't be seeing this interaction so much once Laurel's gone, unless it makes a comeback in some kids. Kori was supposed to go to work in the middle of the party because I forgot to check her panels before throwing it, so I had her take PTO.


Since she was already off work and it was still early in the evening, we dug out our spooky supplies and threw a spooky party, resolving this time to let the timer run out and see if it made a difference. I think these are actually the easiest of the parties to throw, because the requirements are pretty quick and simple as long as you have two sims carving simultaneously. I let them dress themselves this time, and Hannah is Super Llama, which entertained me endlessly.


Embarrassingly, simRoxy dressed up in this Star Wars alien outfit (yes, I know they have a name, but I don't know it off the top of my head), which is not at all flattering. It is blue, though, so I appreciate that. Adrian the ninja is only too happy to do the required mischievous interactions, so simRoxy gets a good buzz when she's welcomed to the house.


Reprising their hotdog selfie, Aimee and Hannah took another hilarious costumed selfie. These two are actually pretty good friends. Aimee is definitely the least evil of the evil siblings, and she hardly ever gets on people's cases. Hannah can be hot-headed, but she doesn't pick at people. So these two are the closest out of all the kids since they can usually be counted on not to insult and yell at each other. The party timer finally ran out, I got another gold, and it still failed to register. I guess I'll just keep track and then have to cheat when (if) Kori's thrown the requisite number of parties.


Faye spent the entire party studying handiness, but she did it in a cheerleader's uniform and cackling, so there's that.


Llamapegicorn: "Thanks for showing support for the local team, niece!"
Faye: "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Um . . . which one are you again? I can't see through your foam head."
Llamapegicorn: "It's me, Uncle Luke!"
Faye: "I should have guessed."


It's a special day! No, Faye insulting her siblings is not special. Or unusual. Or any way out of the ordinary. Rather, it is Adrian's YA birthday, so we can finally kick him out of the house! Soon, Faye should be looking for a spouse, though I'm not really sure where she's going to find one. Maybe at work. The siblings have an insult-laden breakfast before school (and work for Faye) to celebrate the last morning they'd all be under the same roof. I sent Adrian to school even though it wouldn't matter because then he was out of my hair.


At work with Faye, and simRoxy is the receptionist. What the heck? Why did she get demoted?  I don't get it. The next day she was back at UFOlogist, so maybe they just switch around.


Faye: "Come here, simRoxy. I've decided to make you my friend."
simRoxy: "This will not end well."

Faye needs someone to give her crystals and metals on occasion. While just asking for them satisfies the requirement, everyone in the lab has either no relationship or a red relationship with Faye just from her autonomous actions, and so no one is too keen to actually give her anything, and that makes me sad. I decided she needed at least a few friends at work. Faye may be the prickliest of all the pears, but even she deserves friends, right? She had some requirements to socialize with simRoxy and this amuses me, so I decided they could be friends.


Faye: "I'm auditioning friends. Bianca, you're out because you suck. Kody, you have a chance. Prove to me you're worthy of my friendship."
Kody: "I'm an alien!"
Bianca: "Ugh, we know! You don't wear a disguise."
Kody: "Yeah, but I told Faye my deepest secret."


Faye: "I accept your subservience, Kody! You may be my friend. Bianca, eat it."
Bianca: "Ugh. You suck-up. I thought we were friends!"
Kody: "Yeah, but Faye is just so cool!"
Bianca: "Kody, you are a terrible judge of character!"

Bianca and Faye dislike each other (again, autonomously - I don't need to make sims dislike Faye; it just happens) so Bianca is making furious faces because Faye had been on her case a moment before chatting Kody up on my directions. I don't think she'll consider Kody as spouse material, but he does give me some ideas.


Faye stays late and ends the day fishing, as is a usual sight for her. She's had another good day at work and made two uh . . . good acquaintances? She didn't really get to friend with either of them. Anyway, she's no closer to finding a spouse, but we still have to get rid of Adrian first to open up some room in the house. The downside to having the firstborn be heiress is that the other kids have to grow up and vacate the house to make room for the next generation.

That will all have to wait for next chapter, but it will not be a month and a half before it comes, I swear! I've got lots of pictures already, so hopefully I will get it out soon. Thanks for reading, and come visit with me at SiMania and Boolprop!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment