Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 29


Hi again! I wasn't going to write another chapter so soon, but I've been teasing my friend Haleigh (meadowthayer) about someone in this chapter, so I wanted to get it posted so I could talk outright about that sim! Faye is flirty in the cover image. Does that mean she'll finally find a partner? Perhaps . . . but this is a long chapter because besides Faye's exploits, I also had to deal with Adrian throwing me for a loop. Strap in and let's get to it . . .



Hannah: "Ughhhhh. Why did you wake me up for this?"

Well, it's your only brother's birthday, and also maybe you shouldn't go to bed before 7 p.m. It screws up your schedule. Hannah was sleeping when Faye got home from work and was not happy about having to dress up for Adrian's adult birthday, but everyone else seemed pretty jazzed.


Adrian is now evil, mean, and a loner! What a catch! No wonder everyone and anyone is falling all over themselves to befriend and romance this guy. Oh wait, he's a loner.  He wouldn't want that. Well, let's see if we can't give him a quiet little happy ending for his eternal life outside the house as a spare.


First, though, we invited Tiara over. Not only is she not wearing her astronaut gear any more, she actually was willing to talk to Adrian without doing her homework. That's a good sign, right?


Tiara: "Wow! You baked me a cake? I take back everything I ever said about you, Adrian."
Adrian: "Actually my mom baked it for me and I just let you use the leftovers. Do I still get credit for that, though? . . . And wait, what have you said about me?"

Way to make an impression, Adrian.


The newly grown up Tiara spends some time actually becoming friends with Adrian before I kick him out of this house. As is traditional, they crawl under the bushes by the front porch to stargaze. Apparently underneath the big pink tree (the shadow of which you can see to indicate how close they are to it) and the bushes is somehow the best place to view the sky from. Huh.


Meanwhile, Faye is down at the river in her party clothes. This girl spends entirely too much time alone. We need to do something about that.


Just as I was getting ready to leave to manage worlds, Adrian kicked his depressed great-great-grandmother out of his bed to tuck himself in. Whenever I see Natalie sad, I just assume she's mourning what this legacy has become.


Adrian: "Hey, a new place, and all by myself! I'm kind of digging this."

Loner Adrian is liking being alone, but we can't have that. I figured I'd probably have him and Tiara live together and move Hannah, Aimee, and their spouses into a different house so Adrian wouldn't have to deal with the spouses. He may be my least favorite Gregory ever, but I still want to make him happy.


Adrian: "Hi, Tiara!"
Tiara: "I'm actually over here, but hi, Adrian. You ready to get this show on the road?"
Adrian: "What show?"


Tiara: "What do you think of my new jacket? Now that we're not in high school any more, I felt like I outgrew my letterman's jacket."
Adrian: "Tee hee hee. You're pretty."

Smooth, Adrian. Although it was like pulling teeth to get these two to be friends with each other, once I could focus on them, the romance part went really quickly.


See? Boom, first kiss.


Engagement by the pool out back.


And a quick elopement in the very same spot. This is normally where I would leave a spare of the Gregory family, but things got a little complicated . . .


Tiara: "Guess what? I'm pregnant!"
Adrian: "What?"
Me: "WHAT?!"

It would appear I hit the wrong option when they celebrated their matrimony. Oops. Normally I just marry off the spares, but it looks like Adrian will be the first Gregory spare with a child. Oh well. Now I have to play him a little longer, though.


Things progressed quickly, and Adrian was soon doing his pre-parental panic while Tiara watched calmly.


Tiara then gave birth to a little boy on the porch. Why the porch? Well, the builder of this house loves seating and décor even more than I do, so there were literally no niches in the house to put a bassinet without deleting something, and I was just trying to get this over with. The surprises were not over yet, though, because in addition to this bouncing baby boy, we also got . . .


. . . two giggling baby girls. TRIPLETS? The first time I get natural triplets, only the second time I've gotten multiples at all naturally, and they're Adrian's? No fair.


Obviously I ended up deleting furniture because somehow, I felt keeping three babies on the porch would be inappropriate. From left to right, in birth order, we have Micah, Mia, and Makenzie. I just rolled their names on the randomizer when it came up until I had three names with the same letter. Now I felt like I really ought to play these guys until they're kids.


The very next morning . . .
Laurel: "I sensed babies. Where are they?"
Adrian: "How did you . . .? We live in Newcrest, far away from you, and we hadn't even told anyone Tiara was pregnant yet. Neither of us have jobs and we haven't left the house or answered the phone since we moved in."
Laurel: "A grandmother just knows, Adrian. Now get out of the way. I have babies to cuddle."

Laurel is such a family sim. She just showed up.


And made a beeline for the babies, who she actually tended to with what they needed. Makenzie needed a diaper change, so Laurel autonomously changed her diaper! Mia was apparently lonely and got a nice bounce. How helpful! Usually they just coo at them when they're hungry or something. Laurel is going to be a good grandmother. I can tell already.


When Laurel left, Tiara and Adrian tended to the three babies almost constantly. I did this for about a sim day before realizing, hey, this is a spare's house. It doesn't matter what I do. I'm growing these babies up!


And so I did. Adrian went from bassinet to bassinet so quickly that Micah and Mia were still 'greeting new sibling' while Makenzie was growing up. Now, since they're here and being triplets makes them special, let's take a look at the trips-that-shouldn't-have-been.


Micah is neat and a Rambunctious Scamp, and he looks the most like Adrian out of the three.


Mia is a slob (like her mother) and an Artistic Prodigy.


Makenzie, who is identical to Mia, is good and a Whiz Kid. Oh great, a good kid. She should get along just great with her dad, her one grandmother, and her aunties then.


Speaking of that one grandmother, I invited Kori over and let her get to know the kids and Tiara so they could be invited to parties. I figured I had done my due diligence at this point, so it was time to leave the house of mistakes miracles and head back to the main house.


Laurel: "And I met all three of them! Can you believe it, Faye? I'm a grandmother! Why didn't you make me a grandmother first? You've been an adult for like five whole days. That's plenty of time to settle down like I did."
Faye: "Mom, I'm not you. I'm not even sure I want to settle down. I kind of detest other people."
Laurel: "Well, you're the heiress. It's your decision and I respect that. I can't make you do anything, but you better figure out what you want. Oh, and provide me with some grandchildren."
Faye: "That contradicts what you were just saying."
Laurel: "Babies. Now."


Faye: "You gotta help me! My mom is going to kill me if I don't find a husband and make babies soon, but all I wanna do is make people miserable and also fish some, but my younger brother had triplets, and now my mom wants me to have triplets, but I'm not sure what to do, and really I'm better at just yelling at people, not having kids, so I'm not sure that . . ."
simRoxy: "Whoa, Faye. You're going to hyperventilate like that. Just try to relax, maybe go do something you enjoy, and the answer will come to you. I'm sure you'll figure it out."
Faye: "Wow, simRoxy. You're actually kind of levelheaded. It's like you know how this will all work out or something."
simRoxy: "I have some idea, yes."


Faye took simRoxy's advice and went and did things she enjoyed, like pretending to fire Marianne, who is a higher-ranking scientist than Faye, and then feeding her a red hot potion to make her angry. They're . . . not on the best terms now.


Kody (accidentally?) set fire to the serum machine, and every single other sim on the lot freaked out in a crowd while Faye took care of it, looking extremely peeved the whole time. I think you know all the scientists in this crowd now except the redhead. That's Octavia, the real receptionist, and she and Faye are - what else - not friendly with each other. That means that out of five scientists that regularly show up to work, only two seem to get along with Faye, or rather I should say that Faye only gets along with two of them. Anyway, back to the fire. Faye had to replace the serum machine because it was crispy-fried, but she saved everyone's lives.


They thanked her for it by placing themselves in jeopardy while the fire was raging and then running outside as soon as it was out to finish their freak-out. Faye and I were just thrilled.


Bianca: "You know, you probably could have put that fire out a little faster."
Faye: "I hate you and every other sim on earth right now . . . hey, wait, that gives me an idea!"


Faye: "Farewell, earth, for I am abandoning you! Temporarily, but still, peace out."


It's a good thing Faye got promoted to serum sequencer so that, since the game won't let her wear her astronaut suit on Sixam, she can at least protect her eyes and hands with her nifty new safety wear. It's kind of funny to see the girl that uses blowtorches in her swimsuit wear safety glasses.


Faye is looking to meet a male alien. As you can see, they're all still suffering from the skintone glitch I have. It's been fixed in newer saves, but I can't fix it in this one without moving the Gregorys to a new save. Coincidentally, the three aliens in this shot were the only males strolling around. Faye picked a cute pale alien with pretty pink makeup and blush to talk to. It was the pink that really did it. He just looked so adorable. His name is Andres and I didn't write down his last name at this point.


Andres: "Let me just read your mind and speed up this conversation, human. I see that you are looking for a boyfriend -- no, a fake boyfriend -- to trick your mother and do something called 'getting her off your case.' By scanning your memories of romantic comedies, I can also surmise that this is not a trick that usually ends the way you think it will. Yet I see that you are determined to proceed with this ill-thought-out plan, so I will indulge you and communicate with you."


Faye and Andres hit it off right away. She found out that he's hot-headed and romantic, so he seems like he would be a good fit for this family, not being too perfect. They seemed to really enjoy stargazing with each other. This made me curious as to what the stars looked like from Sixam.


Disappointingly, they look exactly the same as back home. Weak sauce, EA.


Faye: "So, Andres, we're good friends now, but I still don't know your last trait. It doesn't really matter because I think we totally look like we could be a real couple and this should fool my mom into backing off until I can figure something else out."
Andres: "Yes, but there is a reason I have not told you my last trait. For you see, I am considered 'good' by all here on Sixam, designated by my pure, pink, blushing cheeks."
Faye: "Oh."

Yeah, oh. Actually, she didn't even find his trait out right away. I only realized it when I noticed she had the option to 'dismiss goodness' . . . after they were good friends and I already had my heart set on this rosy do-gooder. This family has never lacked for craziness, though, and they didn't seem to make each other mad or sad yet, so I decided to chance it. We'll stick with Andres for the plan.



Faye: "Eh, we can cure you of that goodness, I'm sure. Just hang out with my family for a while. What do you say?"
Andres: "I see multiple ways in which this plan could go wrong, but I do love new experiences, and I find you oddly attractive for a human."
Faye: "Wait, what was that last part? I tuned you out, thinking about what I'm going to do to Marianne on my next work day."
Andres: "Never you mind."


Here's a better look at Andres since I forgot to take a pic in CAS when I made him over. When Faye got back home, he was already upstairs in the playroom, playing with the clay. I kind of love him already. I decided to change his skin tone, but since I wouldn't be able to pick it if I didn't have this glitch, I used a randomizer to select which skintone to use. By the way, good, romantic, hot-headed Andres wants to be a bodybuilder, which I have never actually done before. So that's nice too.


Faye: "Hey Andres, how'd that serum for skin-changing work out? Good? I know you said you were going to try to dress more human. That work out ok for you too?"


Andres: "You inform me, fair Faye."


Faye: "*cough* *sputter* Ah, you look . . . you look . . . wow. I mean, you look amazing. You know, for an alien or whatever. Not that I care. Since you're my fake boyfriend and all. Now we just need to set some ground rules. I got this official 'Sixam tattoo of belonging' to match yours like you asked, so we're square on your end, right?"


Andres: "Yes, I do believe our tattoos represent our unity in purpose."
Faye: "That's to trick my moms, right?"
Andres: "That is what you enlisted me for. I should like to meet your maternal parents."
Faye: "Maybe not just yet. Let's get you a bit more acclimated to this planet, first, and work out our story."


*Five minutes later*

Andres: "And that is how your daughter and I met. We are ever so much in love. Truly, you have raised a special offspring."
Laurel: "Is he seriously talking about Faye?"
Andres: "Oh, yes. She is a gem among sims, as you might say."
Kori: "You're delightful, Andres. So how soon until the wedding? My wife here is raring for some more grandchildren."
Andres: "That is an interesting topic you've raised, Mrs. Gregory. I do intend to look into human methods of reproduction with intense scrutiny, and I do so hope Faye will assist me in my investigation."


Faye: "I'm going to kill him."


Faye: "Andres, you're totally overselling this! We've got to cool it a bit or my parents will think we're in love! You can't let them talk about marriage and babies already. That's the whole point - to put that off!"
Andres: "Faye, how can I delay what seems imminent to me? True, I am not of this planet and do not fully understand your ways. But I understand my romantic heart, and it tells me that there is a connection between us that cannot be explained by rational means. When an alien such as myself meets a beautiful sim such as you, is it not natural to want not to 'cool it'?"


Faye: "You really think I'm beautiful? No one's ever said that to me before. I mean, I usually insult them before they get the chance, but . . . Oh geez, Andres. You're clouding my mind with that pink sweater and darling blush of yours. I guess we can give not cooling it a try. You know, just for appearances. Not because I think you're cute too or anything."


Andres: "I hope you had a good day at work, Faye, and I wish to hear all about your adventures in science, but first, tell me, do I look sexy like this?"
Faye: "Who told you that looks sexy?"
Andres: "I have been reading magazines that promised to make me more sexy, find hot dresses for less, and give me 10 mind-blowing tips for . . ."
Faye: "Yeah, I'm gonna have to take those magazines away from you."


Andres: "Faye, I know we have only been acquainted with each other for a matter of days, and that we are trying to present a united front, but in truth, there is something I must tell you."
Faye: "And that is?"


***<3***

(For once, a sim looking surprised really fits the story line, eh?)


Andres: "Faye, I adore you, even with your evil ways making some part of me sad right now, and I wish you to be my girlfriend . . . 'for realsies', as your sisters would say. I believe I am experiencing the sensation that you sims call love, and I feel this for you. Please accept this specimen of the genus Rosa, of the family Rosaceae. I confess I do not know the species, for I plucked it from your garden and have not had adequate time to research it."
Faye: "Andres, what . . . are . . . you . . . doing?!"


Faye: "I mean, it's totally working, but still, what the hell? You know what, screw it, I kind of think you're pretty okay too. You can be my boyfriend, but understand this is purely on a trial basis."

(Lol that face! He makes her go cross-eyed.)


Andres: "Nothing would make me more delighted, my dear!"
Laurel: "We're gonna be grandmothers again! Yay us!"
Kori: "I can't wait to plan the wedding! This is going to be an epic party!"

(Laurel and Kori just ran in and decided this was a good spot to hug. Very amusing.)


Faye: "I am so screwed."

Ha ha, looks like Faye got more than she bargained for, but she can't deny she likes it. I mean, Andres is way cute, right? And he's a total sweetie, which you'd think would be a terrible match for Faye, but somehow it works. That does bring us to the end of this extremely long chapter, so be sure to check back next time to see what happens in this relationship (fun times!), whether Faye finds new ways to torment her coworkers (spoiler: she does), and how many parties we'll throw (too many). Thanks for reading and be sure to stop by SiMania and Boolprop!

No comments:

Post a Comment