Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Gregory Legacy, Chapter 30


Welcome back to The Gregory Legacy! When last we met, Adrian and Tiara surprised me mightily by having accidental triplets, and our very special heiress - mean, evil, and outdoor-loving scientist, Faye - met an alien named Andres. Although her plan to pass Andres off as her boyfriend worked, it worked a little too well and she soon found herself falling for him for real. For his part, Andres was already smitten. It looks like in trying to fool her parents, Faye fooled herself first. Hannah and Aimee are still waiting to grow up, so adding Andres makes for a fairly full house. Let's check in and see how Andres is adjusting to the family . . .



*crickets*
. . .
Aimee: "There's just something a little off about you that I can't put my finger on."
Andres: "It's the glasses, isn't it? Are they too much?"
Hannah: "I don't know. Pink's definitely your color. I'm kind of digging it. You are the strangest sim I've ever met, though."
Andres: "That's because I'm an alien."
Aimee and Hannah: "WHAT?!"
Andres: "Really? The whole blue skin, pointy ears, and large black eyes didn't give it away?"
Hannah: "Well, to be fair, we can't see your eyes right now."
Andres: "Oh, that explains it then. Anyway, I've got to go get dressed. I'm taking your sister out for a very important dinner."


I sent Faye and Andres out to the bistro that came with the game. My favorite restaurant IRL is a really cool fancy little local bistro, so I was kind of expecting this one to have interesting food and a cozy atmosphere because that's just how bistros are in my head. The atmosphere was fine, but they serve standard Americana food at this restaurant, like hamburgers and stuff. That was kind of disappointing to me.


The entire Landgraab family was out for dinner on the patio. One of my favorite things about this pack is actually seeing who goes out to dinner together. Since they patched it, I've been seeing all kinds of appropriate families and couples, and I love it.


Andres: "Faye, I am a little overwhelmed by these choices. What is 'homestyle' about a fry? Are not fries and homes completely unalike?"
Faye: "Let me just order for you. It'll be fine. You'll get used to Earth cuisine, I'm sure of it."
Andres: "You're so sweet, Faye."
Faye: "That is literally the first time anyone has ever said that to or about me."


Andres: "Faye! Faye! This sandwich is amazing! It has lettuce, tomato, and a substance known as bacon."
Faye: "Yeah, it's called a BLT."
Andres: "I think I like bacon."
Faye: "See? You're gonna fit in just fine."
Andres: "Faye? I have to ask you something."
Faye: "If it's about the bacon, I'm not really qualified to . . ."
Andres: "It's not about the bacon."


Andres: "Faye, I know this relationship started as a fraudulent representation on your part and an experiment on mine, but it is sometimes only sensible to continue experiments to their natural end."
Faye: "Are you . . .?"
Andres: "Faye, can we continue to experiment with being together? Nothing would make me happier than to officially join your bizarre and quirky family, with you by my side forever. I know many things and make plans and logical choices, but as you sims might say, my heart tells me this. Will you marry me?"
Faye: ". . ."


Faye: "Okay, yes, you crazy alien! I mean, we already have the matching tattoos and I have to admit you're pretty hot. Sure, let's get married. I do want to be with you forever, Andres!"
.
.
.
Faye: "Can you put me down, though, because I hit my head on the counter when I jumped into your arms and I think it's making me romantic."


Andres: "I'm so happy I could burst."
Faye: "Don't, please. That would be messy and I don't have my safety goggles with me."

Aww, how sweet. Also note that gen. 2 spare, and firstborn child in this whole legacy, Corinne is out on a date with her husband, Jamal. That's sweet too.


After all that romantic stuff and a gold dinner date, Faye and Andres then went to the gym, because that's just what you do on outings with an aspiring bodybuilder who needs it for his aspiration. Andres has pink in almost all his outfits, since the pink makeup he was wearing on Sixam sealed it in my mind that that is his favorite color, but the offerings of pink masculine workout clothes are lacking. He does have some adorable pink tennis shoes for this outfit, though. He's also rocking a pretty cool pink aura at the moment too.


Back home, and we have the stuff of nightmares. That is three sims in one spot, y'all. Way too many noses on that thing.


Also present on load up is Aaron, tearing up the dollhouse. Sigh. I just fixed that. Okay, technically the Gregory Helpers club fixed it, but still.


I redecorated the master bedroom in the most teeth-achingly sweet pink and white color scheme possible, perfect for our pink-loving petulant heiress and her paramour. They seem to be settling in nicely to celebrate their engagement, so we'll leave them alone for now.


Laurel is not super pleased about her bedroom being moved down to the basement, but that's just part of getting older in this legacy. She works on her craft while her father and grandmother paint some really weird stuff for me to sell the next day.


Speaking of selling stuff, Faye's and Laurel's inventories were getting ridiculous, mostly with produce, and it was running up the bills even higher. I sold off several tens of thousands worth of fruits, veggies, alien plants, herbs, mushrooms, and flowers, and realized that, for the first time in this legacy, we've hit a million simoleons. That may not seem that impressive for a family on generation five, but I'm pleased, and you do have to remember they're sitting on a mansion that regularly brings in bills over $14,000, so it's not like they've been idle with their money.


The next day brings Hannah's birthday. Yay, Hannah! I was going to bring Max over and grow him up too, but I didn't have enough time before Faye's workday started. So, Hannah, what trait have you picked out?


Hannah: "I'm evil, of course."

Wow. That means all four kids this generation are now evil. I couldn't get that kind of genetic concordance if I tried. That's ridiculous. Kori's evil gene is very strong. Also funny is that Adrian and Aimee were both evil as kids, while Faye and Hannah both waited for their young adult years to become evil. Although, to be fair, Faye was always evil whether she had the trait or not.



Kori: "Well, Faye, what's next?"
Faye: "I have work today, but I'm assuming that's not what you mean."
Laurel: "The controller kicked Hannah out pretty quickly, so I'm guessing she's as eager as I am for you to get a move on with things. You're engaged now! Isn't that exciting? Now you can get married and make me lots of grandchildren!"
Faye: "I am dying inside right now. Oh look, time for work!"
Laurel: "Isn't it still like an hour early?"
Kori: "Shh. It's okay, sweetie. Just let her go this time."


Two days later . . .
Faye: "Andres, we're not getting any younger, especially me, and it is the weekend now. Let's get this show on the road."
Kori: "Yes! Laurel is going to be thrilled! And I can't wait to throw the most awesome wedding party ever since someone has been basically ignoring my aspiration lately."


Kori: "What do you mean I can't throw a party for my daughter? That's ridiculous. I'm awesome at throwing parties, and I didn't even get to throw my own wedding party because I didn't have any friends then."

Darn it. I always forget about this restriction. Not many people like Faye, but her family should show up at least.


Faye: "Hi, I'd like to . . . um, throw a party, I guess? I don't even know who I'm announcing this to, but as long as I've got you, I should probably also notify you that part of my house appears to be missing its roof."

Whoops! Missed that (out the window) when I took this shot. Also, I want to note that the knight in this picture is not the original knight, since it would be against the rules to take him out of the family inventory. Oh, no. These ostentatious Gregorys own not one, but two knights, one of which they can enjoy, making the foyer an extremely happy place to be because of the environment score. Come to think of it, this may have something to do with the bills. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I'm not cheating.


Faye and Andre put on their rosy best and head down to a whimsical little park for a wedding. I hope a few people show up! I had Faye invite basically everyone she knows except for her hated coworker, Marianne, because even if she came they would probably end up fighting. The immediate family should show up, but I am less sure about her coworkers and acquaintances.


Surprisingly, turnout was quite good. I guess sims do love a party. Even the coworkers that have the barest sliver of green with Faye showed up! I see Faye's uncle Leo, rival coworker Bianca, Candy Behr - who I have no idea how Faye knows her, and . . . darn it, simRoxy, stop looking at the camera. Faye's immediate family is all there too, of course.


Scientist Kody showed up and looked absolutely heartbroken as Faye and Andres exchanged rings. I guess he was carrying a torch for Faye after all. The ceremony was going beautifully and everything looked wonderful.



Andres: "Faye, I am so happy. I never thought such a day would come for me during those long nights on Sixam. You have made me the luckiest alien in this world or any other."
Faye: "Aww, Andres, you're so mushy. I love you too, which is good, because we're married now."


Corinne: "I do not approve this union."

Ha ha, Corinne is a very cranky crasher to the wedding, but it's nice to see her again.


Unfortunately, this is where things started to go wrong. Andres and Faye, despite already having the 'married' moodlet and getting the confetti, got stuck in a loop of the vows animations, endlessly hugging and saying sweet stuff to each other while the guests got antsy. I wasn't sure how to get them out of it, and since they seemed to recognize that they'd been married, I just x'ed out. However, this meant that the marriage did not register for the party counter, but the game did recognize them as married, so there was no way to fulfill the main goal of the party.


They were even able to cut their wedding cake, which apparently every single person on the lot was thrilled about.


Faye and Andres shared a dainty first bite of their wedding cake while Octavia, the science receptionist, looked on angrily. One can only suppose what might be going on in her head right now.


Andres: "My dear, I have plucked you another rose from the garden. Do you like it?"
Faye: "I'd like it a lot more if you hadn't fused into Bianca's back, but sure, it's great!"


Random red jacket crasher: "Whoa, look at the bride move. She looks . . . flexible. Heh heh heh."
Adrian: "Dude! That's my sister. Uncool, man."
Hannah: "Also, she is totally capable of killing you if she hears you talk like that, so I'd cool it."
Crasher: "Aw, geez. I'm sorry, okay? It . . . uh . . . must be the juice. Yeah. I'm not actually a creep, I swear."
Hannah: "No one called you a creep . . . yet."
Crasher: "Really? Oh . . . heh . . . heh. Maybe I'll just go now."

Maybe we'll all just go now. Without the party counter recognizing the marriage, there was no way to even get bronze despite fulfilling all the other party goals. Bummer. I was fully prepared for some unhappy moodlets due to the failed party, but Faye and Andres were completely unfazed. Apparently failing parties doesn't actually have any consequences, other than being out the time and money. I mostly throw these parties just for the pictures, though, so it's still a win in my book.


Faye and Andres immediately celebrated their marriage the instant they got home.


And Faye ran straight to the toilet afterwards. She actually looks pretty hopeful, doesn't she? Could this be a turning point for our mean, evil, misanthropic Faye?


Faye: "Yes! I'm pregnant! . . . Whoa, I never expected to say that so happily. What's come over me?"


Faye: "Look, Andres, I know I'm the one always wanting to slow things down, but uh, we can't do that anymore, because it turns out we're expecting!"
Andres: "Expecting what? All I'm expecting is to be allowed to return to sleep. What did you wake me up for?"
Faye: "To tell you I have a bun in the oven!"
Andres: "Really? Should you leave it unattended so long? Might it not burn?"
Faye: "No, silly! We're going to have a little bundle of joy."
Andres: "Faye, look, maybe this is the exhaustion talking, but what the heck are you trying to say?"
Faye: "I'm pregnant!"
Andres: "OH! Well why didn't you just say so?"


Andres: "Welp, I'm going to ignore the bed I just got out of and go nap on a couch now. You have fun with that, dear."
Faye: "Ooh, I don't feel so good all of the sudden. Maybe I should go do some calming activities while I'm in this condition . . ."


Faye: " . . . like woodworking! Hammer hammer hammer! Saw saw saw! Yay calming activities! Time for something else . . ."


Faye: ". . . like fixing appliances while standing in a puddle of water while being pregnant with the only potential gen. 6 heir so far! Man, I am so good at relaxing while pregnant."

What? She really needs to raise that handiness skill.


Laurel: "Congratulations on the wedding yesterday, Andres. You guys make a wonderful couple. I'm so glad my daughter met you. Let's get down to business, though. When can I expect a grandchild?"
Andres: "How long is the gestation period of your species?"
Laurel: "Three days."
Andres: "Oh, should be about two and a half days now."
Laurel: "You work fast, my boy. Good job."


Andres: "I impregnated your sister. So, how is your cereal?"
Aimee: "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that, but totally use it in my comedy material later."


Faye's still doing the science thing. She finally got around to inventing the simray, and who better to test it on than Marianne?


Faye: "That was satisfying! Time to find more victims . . . I mean, subjects."


simRoxy: "So weird how Marianne just disappeared. Maybe she went home early. I'll just take her computer then if she's not busy with it."

I love how no one else reacted to having a frozen sim in the building.


When Faye got home, Andres was waiting for her out on the sidewalk, and the first action he autonomously queued up was to compliment her appearance. What a good husband he's making already! <3


In fact, I have a feeling he's going to make a really great father. And Faye, for her part, seems pretty psyched to be a mom. Could Andres have taught Faye how to love? Seems unlikely, but the preliminary evidence is there.


Aimee: "Thanks for inviting me out to dinner, Kellen. I know you've been part of Mom's club forever, but we've never really gotten to know each other and also I don't think the controller actually knew your name before now. I also appreciate that you didn't immediately bail on me like Paolo does every time he invites me somewhere."
Kellen: "My pleasure, Aimee."


Corinne and Jamal were out to dinner again! Clearly, Corinne really wants to be back in this legacy. Or I gave them too much discretionary income. Maybe both.


Aimee: "Well, it was fun becoming good friends, but they never brought us the food we ordered and I'm gonna pass out soon, so I think I'm going to split. Thanks for the invite!"
Kellen: "Sure! Maybe next time we'll even get to eat or something."
Aimee: "One can only dream."


After Aimee's little date-not-date (because of the ages), I had Faye grab some cereal, which she did, passing all the chairs and barstools of the house to come and watch the bay from this bench. A little silly, but I do have to admit it's a spectacular view.


Meanwhile, Jaron was using his famous alluring introduction on Faye's new husband, leaving them with a bit of a pink bar. Sigh. I also really wouldn't take exercise tips from a glutton, Andres.

Andres: "But he's so charming!"

This is not the first time I've regretted Jaron having all those charisma points. Remember the first guy Marjorie brought around the house? Yeah, good times. Jaron just loves spoiling the exclusivity of romantic relationships.


Faye: "Ooh, I don't know how much more I can take of this. My back is killing me."
Laurel: "It'd probably help if you weren't standing all day, every day, pounding away on wood blocks or freezing innocent sims. It won't be long now, though."
Faye: "I just want to note that Marianne is not innocent."


The family gathered around to celebrate Aimee's YA birthday, but Faye couldn't bothered to get dressed. I guess when you're that pregnant, it's okay to have a little PJ time once in a while. Anyway, happy birthday, Aimee! You can't move out yet, but at least you can stop going to school and take on attempting to mourn your ancestors as a full-time job.


Aimee: "Sounds awesome! If only there were still a door to the mausoleum, though."

Yeah, yeah. Aimee picked up goofball as her final trait, which is so perfect for her. I think she's really become my favorite from this generation, for not really acting evil and just for being a general, well . . . goofball even before she had the trait.


Another day at work. The last one before she can take some family leave, and Faye spends it productively. She gets coworkers to change into inappropriate outfits.


And collects DNA samples from Kody in the hopes of finding out what strange disease is afflicting alien skin in this save. No luck on that front, though. I guess we'll just keep using the workaround when we need it. Hopefully it works like it did in my test case and Faye can have some blue babies!


Andres is again waiting for Faye at the end of her workday. So sweet!


At the end of her workday, Kori got to choose whether to go for villain or diamond agent. She of course went for villain. I mean, she's literally an evil genius. How could she not be a villain? She's gonna do great. Although right now, it looks like she needs some serious destressing.


A club gathering and some midnight pancakes in pajamas do the trick. It's fun to watch the club members repeatedly clean the fish tanks for no apparent reason, but they also did some much needed work around the house and Kori got rid of her bored moodlet.


Meanwhile, in the focus room, Aaron offers his granddaughter and her husband some much-needed advice before the birth of their firstborn. I can't think of a better sim to get parenting advice from. Aaron was a true champion at that.


Just outside the focus room, simRoxy creepily tries to be a peeper or something, but the windows are too tall for her. Whew! Good thing I'm so short, I said for probably the first time in my life, lol. Go back to cleaning, simRoxy!


Faye's in the final stretch now, and she's having trouble focusing on her woodworking. Should be soon!


Meanwhile, I sent Andres on a jog for his aspiration and he decided to take it through the house before heading up around the other house on the block. I mean, it is a big house and all, but you'd think he could have gone around.


Aimee, who is having to entertain herself until the baby is born and she can move out, did a backflip off the diving platform so forcefully that it blew off her swimsuit, I guess. She got a hilarious confident moodlet that said something like, "Oh, did that jump make me lose my swimsuit? You're welcome." The joys of being an adult, I guess.
 
That's where we'll end it here for now. Check back soon to see the first baby of generation six, see Aimee and Hannah set up in their happy little spare house, and see where the legacy goes from here. Thanks for reading, and check in with me at SiMania and Boolprop!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment